Pringles....

IrishIze
on 8/12/04 6:38 am - NJ
I have been dying for something crunchy and salty to eat. I bought a can of Fat Free Pringles. Yesterday I got up the nerve to eat one and it was so yummy - just what I needed. This afternoon I ate another and now I can't stop thinking about them!!! I want another, but I'm trying not to have it. I guess I'm afraid of getting into bad habits - but is it bad to eat 2 or 3 a day? Hugs, Nancy
IrishIze
on 8/12/04 7:13 am - NJ
Well I posted this on the main message board too, and got two responses that I should toss those Pringles out! They agreed it was a bad habit, even if it was only 2 or 3 a day and also it's too early to be giving into those urges. I took their advice and that can of Pringles is sitting in my garbage can....outside!! Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/04 8:26 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Aw...and I would have recommended keeping those pringles! We have had Doritos (regular ones) in the house for the last two weeks, and I have eaten only a few of them. But really, I guess it depends on how well you can control your head hunger. I don't normally have too much of a problem with it. I think what has helped me is watching all those cooking shows on the Food Network which teaches you all about those healthy, delicious meals that are out there. Junk food? Who needs it when Emeril and Rachel Ray are cooking!
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/04 8:46 am - Somewhere Else
Unless you plan on never eating anything you enjoy, like those snacks...then fine..otherwise why not have a couple..? This surgery is a tool to teach us moderation etc....not a tool to teach how to give up everything we love forever... The woman who started my support group is the one who mentioned Pringles to me..she would keep them by her bed, and have one in the AM just to get enough energy...she had it bad..and she has lost all of her weight and gone on for the PS too...she looks amazing. Personally..I don't plan on giving up everything for the rest of my life...but am glad to have the opportunity to learn how to train myself not to *pig out* on those foods now. If Pringles are bad..then toss the ice cream etc.... Linda
IrishIze
on 8/12/04 11:28 am - NJ
I am so afraid of screwing up and getting back into my old habits, that I'm afraid to keep those Pringles. Linda and Pam, I completely agree with you that we can't deprive ourselves, but I'm just afraid that if I start now, I may be eating the whole can next week. I've really got to get a plan on what I can eat that is nutritious and protein rich. I'm really at a loss.... Nancy
ML
on 8/12/04 10:31 pm - MD
I found these soy chips at Costco which you might want to try . I found they help with cravings for stuff like Pringles. The serving size is 1 oz(which is about 20 chips), which gives you 7 grams of protein. With your small pouch, you will not be able to eat 20 - I find I can eat 10 at most, which gives you 3.5 grams of protein.
IrishIze
on 8/12/04 11:23 pm - NJ
Ooh, I'm going to look for those. I just really feel like something crunchy and a bit salty.... Thanks!! Nancy
TweedyBird
on 8/13/04 1:45 am - Somewhere, AR
I have seen the soy chips. I was afraid they really did not tast that well. So you like them? I know a lot of people do pork rines ( lots of protein and no carbs). Tweedy
Monna W.
on 8/13/04 3:52 am - Susanville, CA
I've eaten soy crisps for a long time and they are delicious. My local grocery store carries them in several different flavors. They are much lower in fat and don't use artificial stuff, so I figure they are healthier. Another snack that I used to eat and will again when the doctor okays it, is edame--soy beans in the shell cooked a few minutes in salted water and then eaten from the pod. They are a little crunchy and so good and give you protein. I am 6 weeks post-op and still on pureed foods, but I have lost 54.5 lbs. I am so thrilled. Monna
TweedyBird
on 8/13/04 9:16 am - Somewhere, AR
Thanks Monna! Congrats on your wonderful weight loss! Tweedy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits