What is going on with me??!!??!?!

alli E.
on 8/11/04 8:58 pm - CA
It is like 3:52am and I cannot fall asleep. I feel soo restless and full of energy! I am almost 4 weeks post op and really feeling great!!! I have been really active and yet do feel a bit tired, but can't sleep. What is going on???? Does anyone feel this way???? I really just lie in bed and feel tried (i think??....) and yet I cannot fall asleep. : I do not have sleep apeana (sp??) and just curious if anyone else is feeling or felt this way... please share so I don't think I am going CRAZYYYYYY! I would appericate some wisdom!
melissab
on 8/11/04 9:02 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
You aren't going insane I yo-yo. Yesterday I napped from noon until after 4p.m! And then went to bed at 10p.m. and slept until 6a.m. (My usual wake up time). The day before I lay in bed awake FOREVER!!! You know what I think it is ? Our darn minds won't shut off for a little while. We are like kids at Christmas, full of all kinds of excitement at what is to come each day. We also have this mind full of all kinds of new knowledge, and forever we are coming up with questions about our new bodies. All that racket in our heads, is there any doubt we'd have trouble sleeping? HAHA I know that for me it helps to drink a cup of hot tea (decaf of course!) and then when finished hop into bed with a dim light on and a good book and just concentrate on the boo****il sleepy. It helps distract my overworked brain from the topic of the day (EVERY day actually HAHA)... the surgery Good luck, it will pass Melissa
IrishIze
on 8/12/04 12:39 am - NJ
Alice, are you back to work yet? I am still at home on disability and find that I don't sleep as well because I don't do as much. I'm trying to add a bit more exercise and cut out my afternoon nap in the hopes that I sleep through the night. Hugs, nancy
kellyh26
on 8/12/04 1:29 am - White Bluff, TN
Hey, I never had any problem sleeping. I do wake alot during the night but I fall back to sleep. My doc told me this is normal, (not sleeping) and that if I had any problems to crush a tylenol pm for a couple of night until I got back into a routine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views