Zantac - Vitamins and Protein Shakes

Kimberly K.
on 8/11/04 11:39 am - mckeesport, pa
My dr presrcibed Zanctac 2 times a day. Of course the pharmacist gave me tablets and I have to crush them. These are so hard to get down mixed with juice. The taste is just awful. What is everyone else taking? Everyone posts about their vitamins and I am only on 2 chewables a day. My dr. hasn't recommended anything else yet. My dr. also hasn't informed me that I should be on protein shakes. She did recommend Carnation Instant Breakfast which I think is awful. But she never said that I should be having this in addition to my 3 meals. Interested in what others have to say about this....
IrishIze
on 8/11/04 1:07 pm - NJ
I am taking Protonix pills for my stomach. I just swallow them down with my morning protein shake (along with my 6 other pills!). I am also taking Actigall 2x per day to prevent gallstones. The vitamins I take are: 2 Flintstone type vitamins AM & PM, Calcium Citrate chewables 4x per day, Ferrous Sulfate every three days, B-12 1000mcg sublingual 1x week. In the hospital I was given CIB, but when I got home I noticed there were only 4g of protein. I got Isopure 0 Carb protein powder and I mix that with 4 oz. of milk - it gives me 29 g of protein. My surgeon suggested I drink two protein shakes a day. Hugs, Nancy
Sharon V.
on 8/13/04 4:56 am - Plano, TX
I take a chewable kids vitamin morning and night. I take a zantax, but I dont have to cru**** they just told me to swallow it like normal. And at 2 weeks post op they added Urso twice a day. I have to cut that one in half to swallow it. They told me if its bigger than an M&M then cut it down to size. The urso is to prevent gallstones. They said I take that one for 6 months. I am having or trying to have protein shakes. Right now looking at one wants to make me barf because I am so sick of them. Yoghurt, milk and sugar free pudding and very soupy mashed potatoes is all I can face. Sharni
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views