Help, can't drink water or Crystal Light

Mitchs S.
on 8/11/04 6:27 am - Golden, CO
Hey fellow losers.... I need some help. I can not drink water or crystal light. The water tastes like I am chewing on a piece of steele, and the CL is so sweet that I I have found decaf iced tea and I can drink it, but am worried that I will not be able to drink it for to long. I drink about 64-75 oz a day. I had surgery on 7/12, and was told that I didn't have to have protein shakes that I would get it through my food, but I can not eat anything ( can't eat all of my 1/4 cup) and have become lactose intolerant. Do you have any suggestions? I am going to see my surgeon on Friday (13) and will ask him as well, just thought you might have some ideas!! Much Love, Kris in CO
alistra
on 8/11/04 6:46 am - Woodbridge, VA
Sorry you are having problems have you tried to dulite the cl. Also try fruit 20 that might help. Did you talk to a nutritist before or after surgery. That might help. Susan
Irene S.
on 8/11/04 7:30 am - NJ
Propel fitness water was one I found to be less sweet than the other flavored waters. Plus it has vitamins. I found that anything I drank post op bothered me. I kept drinking anyway, which is what it sounds like you're doing too. One of the things that I found I tolerated well, at 7 days post op was mild chili. Many swear by the refried beans with cheese from Taco Bell. irene
IrishIze
on 8/11/04 8:25 am - NJ
I can't drink water either - to me it sits like stones in my tummy. I have been drinking Fruit Refreshers lemonade. I cut it with a bit of water and it's been ok. I also became lactose intolerant, and have been drinking Lactaid FF milk. It is fine and I mix protein powder with 4 oz. twice a day. I am getting 58g of protein from the shakes alone. Maybe you need to try something like that. I'm having problems with my pouch liking foods too. I'm trying to stick with egg salad, Lactaid cottage cheese and soups....I've been feeling much better for the past two days, so I'm going to live dangerously and try some Spaghetti-O's tonight.... Hope you feel better soon... Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/04 9:35 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I also had the metallic taste in my mouth when I drank water, and found other liquids too sweet. Fortunately, the metal taste went away as I started getting in all of my protein and solid foods. I have also discovered tha****er and other liquids are so much easier to tolerate if they are ice cold (I even stick my stuff in the freezer and drink it as it melts). As for food...your stomach will come around eventually!
Marcy B.
on 8/14/04 5:47 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Minute Maid makes a sugar free lemonade that is pretty good- if it is too sweet at times you can dilute it with water. Or- try water and lemons add sweetener to taste.
T R.
on 8/14/04 5:15 pm
I had some of those problems too, I had my surgery on 7/8. I used Lactaid FF with Unjury powder (www.unjury.com) and I bought a snow cone maker from walmart (17.99) and crushed some ice and that helped me get in my water. It also felt like I was gulping water even when I wasn't at first, but its better now. Unsweetened iced tea is tolerable now. I also bought some great protein powders from www.bariatriceating.com, they are called Nectar and they mix completely in water, I bought the lemonade and cherry. The containers are huge! I had trouble with CL and still do. Propel and fruit 2 0 is still too sweet as well. I am still having problems with certain foods, but I think that is pretty normal. Just try to get as much ice and water in as possible. Take care and keep us posted. We will get through this together. Tami
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views