Life is good!

Denise W.
on 8/11/04 2:51 am - MD
I am on regular foods, eaten slow and chewed well. Today for lunch I walked over to the salad/sandwich/soup cafe. Got a 8 oz portion of turkey chili (with beans) topped with cheese. It tasted so good and went down so well. I could only eat a tad less than half so I even have lunch for tomorrow. I LOVE that I eat such small amounts now.
IrishIze
on 8/11/04 8:16 am - NJ
Denise, it's great that you can eat chili with turkey and beans!! I am struggling to eat even pureed foods and I had my surgery the same day as you! My pouch is grumpy and doesn't like new things - although I am going to try some Spaghetti-O's tonight!!! Hugs, Nancy
jcordell
on 8/11/04 12:20 pm - TX
Hi Denise! Glad to hear things are going well! I got released to solids on Monday at my 5-week check up, and I'll tell you, deciding what I was going to have for dinner was one of the hardest decisions of my life! Ha Ha. I ended up with 4 ounces of a Taco Bell burrito...Man, was it good! Doc also told me I could have alcohol, as long as it wasn't carbonated and not high in refined sugars. Woo Hoo! What a cheap date I am...half a .99 cent burrito and a shot of vodka! Oh well, the weight loss is far better than any food or drink ever thought of being... Take good care! -Jeff RNY 7/7/4 338/290/188
Denise W.
on 8/11/04 8:40 pm - MD
I am sorry to hear about your cranky pouch Nancy......go slow and keep trying. Eventually it will come around. Boy they sure let us know who is boss don't they? Jeff....a taco bell burrito sound fabulous....hmmmm maybe I will try one soon...did you eat the tortilla as well?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views