average weight loss?

weezergrl3
on 8/10/04 7:10 am - Channahon, IL
hey guys! i was wondering how much weight people lost in like a weeks time. i'm two weeks post-op and have lost 25 pounds. i feel like that is really low. i excrise about and hour a day every day and i've been good about only eating things allowed in my diet. is there something else i can do or is that average. or am i just freaking myself out?!? peace and love *~jenny~*
Dj _.
on 8/10/04 7:17 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Jenny, I think 25 pounds in two weeks is GREAT!! You're doing very well. Remember when asking a question like this that a few things make a difference in everyone's weight loss....beginning weight, height, how many pounds a person needs to lose. I'm 5' 7", beginning weight 259. I've lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks. Someone with more to lose may lose quicker, someone with less, slower. You're doing great. Deb
Micmomof3
on 8/10/04 7:35 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hi Jenny, I agree with what was said above. I think 25lbs is also great for 2wks. I lost 26.5 lbs in the first 2 wks and could not have been happier. One thing you have to remember is not to compare yourself to other's everyone loses differently! MICHELLE
Janette
on 8/10/04 7:48 am - Peoria, AZ
I am 4 weeks today. i lost 24#s the first 2 weeks and an additional 9 the last 2 weeks for a total of 33...I am thrilled..when was the last time I lost this much in a month and even more exciting is i should never have to see it again..Good Luck and keep up the good work
Jennifer F.
on 8/10/04 8:07 am - Decatur, AL
25 pounds in two weeks is great. I just went for my post op visist at 3 weeks and had only lost 26 pounds. You are doing great and remember not to compare yourself to others. The weight loss depends on each individual,
Deejay
on 8/10/04 8:12 am - Sparks, NV
Your doing great! I'm 3 weeks out and down 22lbs.
IrishIze
on 8/10/04 9:51 am - NJ
I am 5'7" and started out at 277 lbs. I am three weeks out and I am down 28 lbs. Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/04 11:55 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I started at 352 and at 4 weeks out, had lost only 13lbs. An AVERAGE figure is 25 to 30 in the first month, but that can vary quite a bit, apparently.
Dawn H.
on 8/10/04 8:25 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
You are doing fantastic.. I have lost 18 lbs in 2 weeks.. so In my opionion you are way ahead of the game ! congrats and keep on doing what you are doing Dawn
Duffers M.
on 8/10/04 8:52 pm - South Colby, WA
I was 5 weeks out yesterday and stepped on the scale I am down only a total of 25.2 lbs. Only 5.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I am finally getting my energy back after upping different vitamins so who knows where it goes. At first I was bummed but then I thought about it I am in INDIVIDUAL something my insurance co did not see. Maybe losing slower right now is better for me, maybe it gives my skin an extra chance to catch up. I do not own a scale in the house and so I stop by the Doctors office once in a while to check. It is the same scale each time. I am going more by the way I am feeling than how much I am losing. Tanis 272.4/247.2/Goal???
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views