Question for ladies... guys - this is girly stuff ;)

Great_Sphinx
on 8/9/04 9:27 am - Medina, OH
OK. I am now almost 5 weeks out. At three weeks, I was down 15 lbs (my doc said that was a real good loss for me), but over the last 10 days or so, I haven't been loosing any weight ****il today, actually. I went down two lbs). I started my monthly on Friday, so I was thinking that that may have had something to do with it (Water retention... you know?) Anyone else had this happen to them? I want to know if I am alone in this. Beth
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/04 10:22 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Beth.... You're right, your weight will show steady or an increase when you're nearing your cycle, due to water retention. Read my other post just before this one...I explain alot about women, weight and water retention Most of us go through this, and not only at *that time* Linda
IrishIze
on 8/9/04 11:38 am - NJ
I have had a hysterectomy, but I recall when I was still getting my period, that I could fluctuate as much as 5 lbs. in a couple of hours!! Water retention can be tough. Try to get in as many fluids as possible and that helps to rid you of the excess - or try cranberry juice. Hugs, Nancy
Great_Sphinx
on 8/9/04 12:26 pm - Medina, OH
Thanks to both of you I have not had a scale in my house in years and now that I do, I have been weighing myself daily. I know that weight can fluctuate daily, but I thought it was weird that it would be steady for over a week when I had lost so much weight before that. I am glad to know that I am not insane.
sammyglo
on 8/9/04 1:26 pm - Hobart, IN
OH YES!!!!! i was on my period last week. it freaked me out a liittle bit because i only lost 1 pound last week. since my period ended, i already lost 4 pounds (that's 2 days)!!! it stinks, but it's part of being a woman...i guess.
alistra
on 8/11/04 5:29 am - Woodbridge, VA
I am having the same problem only I do not have periods. I have been on the depo shot for a long time. Don't even remember which part of the month I was having mine lol Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views