What makes you sick?

sammyglo
on 8/9/04 3:06 am - Hobart, IN
I have heard people getting sick from eating too fast and too much or eating the wrong thing. i'm asking what specifically made you sick? i have been lucky enough so far not to but i know my time will come. i don't know if this question is selfish so i don't eat what made you sick or if it's just so people can see what others are eating and making them sick. anyways, it's a fun question.
Impala2k
on 8/9/04 3:31 am - Smithtown, NY
I have not actually gotten SICK yet (vomit), but I have had two episodes that caused me to feel really bad! The first one was when I made scambled eggs w/ a little cheese, and because it was so yummy & so soft, I treated it like a fluid shake, and ate too quickly. I payed dearly, it tool nearly an hour to feel normal again, and then the whole day I was feeling a bit under the weather. The second time was only last week, I was eating cooked shrimp ****tail, and although I love shrimp ****tail, when you chew it to puree it in your mouth, it's not as appetizing. SO...I was kinda grossed out on one of my mouthfuls and swallowed too soon, the piece was a little big, and it was "stuck" for a few hours, I had only eaten 2oz by that point, but wasn't about to eat anymore because of how I felt. It took hours to pass! I am 3 week post-op as of tommorrow, and for the most part I am eating most normal foods at this time, but they MUST be chewed well! Good luck Cath
MargaretD
on 8/9/04 3:49 am - Nashville, TN
I have had the same problem with eggs! I made eggs with cheese and it tasted so good and I was late for work, so, I ate the two scrambled eggs in about ten minutes. I felt nauseas for a couple of hours. So I tried them again on saturday, slower that time and I still got that real heavy feeling in my tummy. Then on sunday (yesterday) i tried it again and ate slowly and did not eat all the eggs. I STILL got a heavy feeling, although it did not last as long...thank goodness! I had tuna salad for lunch one day and felt a little ill from that, but again I think it was the time and amount, not the food itself. Nothing has made me throw up (knocking on wood).
kellyh26
on 8/9/04 3:48 am - White Bluff, TN
I ate eggs to quick once they are little trickers eggs are!! they fool you into thinking you can hurry and eat Wrong you can't they'll win every time they haven't made me yack but I sure wanted to
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/04 4:18 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I on two saltines that I must have eaten too quickly and on a couple of sips of milk I drank too fast. I haven't really had any problems with food otherwise, except that every time I try a new food, the first two bites or so kind of hurt until my stomach gets used to it.
IrishIze
on 8/9/04 5:33 am - NJ
Milk. I think I have become lactose intolerant since the surgery. I drink 4 oz. milk 2x a day with my protein powder, and was eating cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. I felt bloated, nauseous and had diarreha almost all the time. I finally thought to try Lactaid, and I feel so much better. I haven't thrown up yet, though... Hugs, Nancy
Heather M.
on 8/10/04 2:21 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Well, so far nothing has made me sick. Not even sugar, ughhhhhh! This morning on the other hand was a different question. I made some scrambled eggs and.... let's just say they didn't stay down long. I was already feeling kinda yucky before I ate them and thought it was just because I needed to eat. So I'm not sure if it was the eggs or not. Heather
Lalocaweta
on 8/10/04 4:19 am - Spicewood, TX
EGGS!!!!!!!The 2nd week out they were great...ate them a couple of times - no problem. Then about 10 days ago - ate one and I felt awful for about 2 hours. Tried one few days later and it did not even stay down! But - ate a couple of bits of my husband's migas Sunday and they went down perfect...But - still scared of them... The other was Chinese Food...Never again.....Spent 3 hours vomiting....NOT fun
IrishIze
on 8/10/04 5:34 am - NJ
Last night I had a horrible experience. I bought some tilapia fi**** is a mild white fish that I loved before WLS. I cooked it and mashed it up. I actually ate it with my fingers - small little pinches at a time. After about 10 pinches (maybe not quite one ounce), I felt really full and it felt like it was all sitting up high in my chest. I stopped eating and even after 20 minutes it still felt like it was sitting there. I thought if I took a sip of water, maybe it would help pu**** down. WRONG!!! The water sat in my upper chest too and oh, the pain!! I wanted to vomit and couldn't - all I got was some white foamy stuff (sorry, gross). I went and laid down for an hour and felt a little better. I tried another sip of water, and again it felt like it sat in my upper chest and the pain was intense. I wanted to throw up, but couldn't. I figured the best thing to do was not eat or drink anything else and go to bed. I seem better this morning, but I am concentrating on getting in my fluids - I haven't been doing very well in that area. I'm having jello right now, but that's as 'solid' as I'm going to get today!! Hugs, Nancy
houstondoll
on 8/10/04 8:11 am - Houston, TX
CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN oh did I mention CHICKEN I doesnt make me sick it just gets stuck.. then your chest burns like its on fire and you can't get it down .... so it has to come up AND yogurt mixed with popsicles in a blender to make a smoothie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views