Strange Weight Gain

laura L.
on 8/9/04 1:58 am - Longview, TX
I had surgery 7/2/04 Lap RNY. I have lost 36 pounds as of last Friday and Saturday, but today I show a three pound weight gain. Has this happened to anyone?
kellyh26
on 8/9/04 3:44 am - White Bluff, TN
I was told 3 lbs is a flux in weight not an actual gain til 4 lbs... hope that's true!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/04 3:59 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Laura... I wouldn't worry...as I've said before in other posts...the scale is every woman's enemy. People have to stop weighing themselves and relying on numbers like that. Women can retain as much as 20 pounds of water at any given time...normally though it's held at about 5....just being close to your menstrual cycle will cause a scale to show a gain because of the water retension. Better than weighing...measure! Get that tape measure out and keep a weekly journal of inches lost...you'll see that at times you'll have lost a few inches, but the weight never changed. I can tell just by the way my clothes fit that I've lost more than the scales would indicate... If you weight yourself...(which I do, just to keep a journal)..do NOT do it more than once a week...and remember also...home scales are never right on the money. This is why I don't bother posting my weight on my profile till I get the numbers from the doctor Don't worry...I'm sure you haven't gained...you'll see next week....you'll be down not only those 3...but probably another 3 on top of it! Take care Linda
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/9/04 5:06 am - MD
yes its has happend to me and i was totally upset but then the 3 days l;ater i was down that plus 2 so it has to just be a flux #
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views