I'm home at last!

laura R.
on 8/8/04 10:10 am - bristol, CT
We'll I'm 1 week post -op & 19 lbs down. Does anyone have any ideas what can we have instead of the nasty glurenca?????????? Also does anyone have a very bad backache?????????
IrishIze
on 8/8/04 10:33 am - NJ
What is glurenca??? I never heard of it!! The backache may be from gas or from lying in the bed after surgery. My best advice for both of those things is to get up and walk as much as you can. It helps the gas to get moving and it helps the muscles to stretch out and relax. Glad all else is going well - awesome weight loss!! Hugs, Nancy
C J.
on 8/8/04 5:59 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Try the nectars from bariatirc advantage or the HMR 70 from bariatric eating. Both taste great. Anthing is better tasting then glucerna which is made for diabetics. But there is alot of stuff that doesn't have a lot of sugar. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm 11 days post op and had lost 15 pounds at my 1 week check. And 3.5 more according to my scale! I had severe shoulder pain a couple of days post op which was attribued to the gas used to expand my belly. Some pain med and walking helped that go away. Hope your back feels better soon. CJ
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/04 12:39 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
That's funny...I was told glucerna was a no-no. I wish I could help you, but I have found that even thinking about protein shakes makes me want to As for the backache, it could be from trapped gas or from not being very mobile yet. I don't know...my pains all came from gas.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views