Discovered a life saver for me!

Deejay
on 8/7/04 11:51 am - Sparks, NV
I've been having a hard time lately with anything I eat. It goes down fine but I just feel icky after I eat. It makes me not want to eat anything at all. I've also been struggling like crazy trying not to drink when I eat, thats been the hardest so far. Now to top it off I have a cold and sore throat so I really don't feel like eating. Well today I cut up a fresh cold watermelon (this is ok on my list from nutritionist) and OMG, it went down so smooth, it was so cold and so juicy, it was like drinking and eating at the same time and it sat so well in my pouch, no problem. Now granted its not protein, but I'm doing pretty good in that area and needed something to help me feel better today and it did! If your allowed to eat it, I highly recommend it!
IrishIze
on 8/7/04 12:05 pm - NJ
Deejay, maybe I'll have to try watermelon. I have been going through exactly the same thing. Everything I eat makes me feel crummy. Then, just the thought of food makes me feel nauseous. I think maybe I have become lactose intolerant. I tried Lactaid fat free milk and cottage cheese today and I feel a bit better. I am drinking two protein shakes so that gives me about 70g of protein, but I feel like I can't eat! I'll have to check my list - I'm still on pureed foods, but I'm sure I can puree watermelon in my mouth!1 Hugs, Nancy
MarinaS
on 8/7/04 12:33 pm - Small Town, WA
I am not hungry or thristy. It is a struggle to eat. I am suppose to get more protein. Am not able to get the requirements on either. Is this normal for our time post op?
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/7/04 1:34 pm - Oxnard, CA
HI I havent had any problems with anything! Scary a little. Grant you, I'm still on pureed foods, but everything I have had sits just fine. I'm not complaining in the least. But I am scared of when it happens the first time.
Marcy B.
on 8/7/04 2:19 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Me either....so far...so good, just a little bit of gas- and occassionally feeling way to full.. but I agree, I am fearful of the first time I do have a problem. I keep hoping it won't happen for me, but I know that is unlikely.
JulesC
on 8/8/04 12:23 am - Spring Hill, TN
I absolutely love watermelon, but my doc says no fresh fruits or veggies for 6 months, so I have to pass for now. Alas, maybe next summer! I have only had one day so far that I really felt green all day. I am still on week 2 , protein shakes for me. I am having trouble with them in that I am feeling hungry a lot of the time. It is like my body finally woke up after the surgery and wants to catch up with a vengeance. I have only lost a couple of lbs so far this week, which is disappointing compared to last week (13 lbs). I am just going to hang in there, keep eating what I am supposed to, and doing my walking. Jules
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/8/04 4:05 am - MD
I dont have any issues unless i eat any kind of seafoods... i dumped today for the firszt time i ate five bites of mashed up crab meat and got SOOOOOOOOOO SICK ,.,,as soon as it came up i felt fine..its sooostrange
IrishIze
on 8/9/04 9:13 am - NJ
Deejay, I bough****ermelon today and ate a piece...what a treat!! It was eating a piece of candy!! Yum! - thanks for the hint!! Hugs, Nancy
Micmomof3
on 8/11/04 12:26 am - Jacksonville, fl
Deejay, Thanks for this tip! I read this yesterday for the first time and had my fiance run out and get me some pre-cu****ermelon. I loved it! It sat so well with me. Thank you a million times!!!! MICHELLE
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views