Anyone craving 'no-no' foods???

Lori L.
on 8/6/04 12:31 pm - Southern, NJ
Yes I am craving Dominos pizza something fierce! And i really want the Arby's chicken salad! I will have that when I can eat real foods again! It is chicken breast cut up with apples, grapes and pecans! I cannot wait, oh and i am craving more than anything some Shrimp egg foo young! I pray i will be able to eat chinese, i dont care if it have to chew it and spit it out to just get the flavor. My hubby nags me something fierce about what I do eat now, god forbid if he knew what i really wanted! I feel so weak when it comes to food, sometimes i sit and cry and cry because i cannot eat right now. I feel foolish saying it, but damn I wish i knew I would have been so upset over it, LOL!
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/04 12:38 pm - Somewhere Else
I'm with you on the Arby's chicken salad...wonder if the one here serves it yet...(being in Canada we don't get the same deals as you folks at the same time..we have to wait often) Linda
Marcy B.
on 8/6/04 12:51 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Lots of stuff looks good to me, but I guess I am too scared about what would happen if I would try to eat something for me to try. I have heard way too many war stories about hours and hours of vomiting. So far so good for me. I don't think I have all the answers but I am trying really hard to reason this thing out for myself. This surgery was drastic, and I can't allow myself to think of this whole process as another diet- and then go into that mindset of feeling deprived and trying to find ways to cheat on the diet, and then ultimately on myself. I have categorized the food tastes I crave into categories. So when I see the salty tomatoey cheesie pizza taco stuff on TV ( that looks way too good) If I am feeling really hungry I make a cream of tomato soup- or have something like V8 or something that is salty. If I crave something sweet, I have a popsicle. Since these little pouches are so small I figure it doesn't take too long to fill it up, and as long as I don't feel hungry then the cravings don't last long. I also do alot of talking to myself. Self I say....its not forever, and someday soon I will be able to have pizza again, or tacos or whatever the goofy craving is. So far that has worked for me. And I pray that it will continue to work that way. I decided a few things about this whole process First, I am not going to allow my happiness to be governed by numbers on a scale and I am going to trust that the weight will come off if I do all of the right things, and 2) I have spent virtually all of my adult life making choices and being in charge of my food, and from now on I am willing to give up being the decision maker. I am willing to stop playing games for the promise that I will not have to spend the rest of my life as a morbidly obese person. Right now, that sounds infinitely better to me than taking the chance of sabatoging this effort for myself. I know me, and the obese fat mind I have. And its a demon I will have to fight within for the rest of my life. I DO have the intestinal fortitude to outlive my cravings...and I will work hard to keep my positive mental state and my eye on the long range goal. I hope this helps.
Debra O.
on 8/6/04 2:31 pm - Chino, CA
OMG...Everytime the commercial comes on for KFC, my mouth starts salivating...lol. I just love their Chicken strips. I had a 1/2 of a small piece of pizza last night and it went down good. It took me a long time to eat it, but it tasted like gold. Its the first time I have really cheated. Actually I havent been hungry at all mostly, and alot of times its 3pm and I have forgotten to eat lunch. Today I ate some chicken for lunch and after about 4 bites I realized it wasnt gonna go down very well, and it hurt so bad, I had to make myself throw up, and I actually didnt eat again until dinner, so today all I really ate was my protien drink for Bfast, lunch came back up, snack 1/ of a protien bar, dinner about 10 bites of lentil soup. Oh and I had a tall Starbucks FF, SF Latte. ~Debra
bugsmom
on 8/7/04 11:15 am - In Mom's House, CA
Hey Debra! Good to see a post from you. And glad things are going well. I have my good days and bad days. So, you were able to eat a small piece of pizza, huh? I wonder if I could manage that. I'm sick of protein shakes and eggs. I see Dr. Suh again on the 10th. I hope he gives me the go ahead to begin adding different foods to my diet. I'd love a sandwich from Subway! I've had 2 Starbucks FF SF iced lattes. They are pretty good. Oh, and I've been having that pain when I drink plain water now. Is water still hurting you? Merritt
Deejay
on 8/7/04 12:15 am - Sparks, NV
I only have 2 cravings and one is to chug a big glass of ice cold milk. (I've become lactose intolerant after surgery) pre-op I would drink about a half gallon of milk every 2-3 days by myself. I miss it so much. The only other thing is Ben and Jerrys Oatmeal Cookie Chun**** cream. I miss that so much too! I tried pizza topping the other night and I got diarrhea from it I think cuz it was too greasy. Now the thought makes me ill. I just don't seem to have any appetite at all. All I want to do is drink like never before! I've been on regular foods for almost 2 weeks now and everything seems to be doing good going down but the last couple days I've been feeling just kinda icky after I eat. Scrambled eggs don't sit well at all with me though. Weird.
JulesC
on 8/7/04 12:50 am - Spring Hill, TN
I want my Diet Coke back (was addicted before). Also, I went with my parents to dinner the other night at the bar b Q place. I really wanted some of that!!! I am just starting though and know anything else would make me really sick, so that has been a pretty good diversion. Jules P.S. Glad to know you can suck on Cheetos - important info for me to know as time progresses .
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/04 1:24 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I haven't had any real trouble with cravings. Well, not with junk food anyway. Mostly, my cravings came during the liquid phase when I wanted to chew ANY flavor I could. Of course, last night, I dreamed that I was stuffing my face with all kinds of junk, and I woke up thinking "Ooh...I'll have some of this, and some of this." Then I realized it was head hunger talking, so I shut my brain up and went back to sleep. Thankfully, I am getting to the point where I can add more variety to my day. In about three weeks, I will be able to eat just about anything except beef and pork (in steak form, I think).
Shannon R.
on 8/7/04 3:57 am - Mesa, AZ
I ordered dominos for my kids the other night and I was freaking salivating the whole time! We're talking having to swallow every two or three seconds to keep the drool from rolling out of my mouth salivating. I want pizza sooooooo sooooooo bad, haha. I ended up having to hide out in my bedroom until they threw the box away. I was ready to dive head first into it the box and plow. My problem is that I am having such an easy time handling ANYTHING I eat, I feel like I can eat it all and be okay. Faulty thinking, I know, and something I won't act on. But, it's driving me a little bonkers. I'll be glad when school starts so I can have something to occupy my mind with. Shannon
SpyderS
on 8/7/04 8:13 am - Swedesboro, NJ
I want a cheesesteak with XTRA XTRA fried onions on it, and a large order of cheese fries. I still have these things all the time. All I have to do is look in the mirror at my fat arse... and I can see the cheesesteak and fries crystal clear! LOL... (oh I do miss them) Spyder 357/327/150 Open RNY
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views