Anyone craving 'no-no' foods???

IrishIze
on 8/6/04 11:58 am - NJ
It seems to me that every time I put on the TV there is some sort of fast food commercial!! My pre-op weakness was Domino's thin crust mushroom pizza and Cheetos. (Guess they're my weakness post-op too! ) The other night I had a dream that I went to visit someone and they had a giant glass jar of Cheetos!! I was drooling waiting for them to offer me some, but they never did!! Every now and again, I really get cravings for things. I just tell myself that down the road I will be able to have small amounts of things...that makes me feel better. How about you??? 'Fess up!! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/6/04 11:59 am - Oxnard, CA
Oooohhhh yes. Every taco bell commericial..........ugg!! And I'm a cheeto girl too, and pizza!! OMG I could go on and on. LOLOL
IrishIze
on 8/6/04 12:01 pm - NJ
How're you doing otherwise? Pouchie treating you well? My pouchie is being a bit cranky the last two days. It wants to close up shop way too early, and I'm having trouble getting in my water and pureed foods. Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/6/04 1:48 pm - Oxnard, CA
Pouchie is treating me very well. I have tolerated everything I have tried so far. Course I'm on pureed foods. lol I'm doing better every day with the protein and water. (((((((Hugs)))))))
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/04 12:05 pm - Somewhere Else
My biggest craving, post-op, was Wendy's taco salad...had some the other night..was almost sick on the first bite..lol..but managed to eat some..was sooooo good. I mostly crave healthy things, but am afraid to have them just yet...shish taouk and falafel...yummy... I have been having salt and vinegar pringles every now and then though...head of my support group used pringles to get enough energy to get out of bed when she had her surgery..she had a hard time, almost died from her's (knicked liver) LOL the one thing I will miss out on though...is the pig out of food on the cruise I'll be going on this fall, LOL..oh well. Linda
IrishIze
on 8/6/04 12:10 pm - NJ
I'm going to a wedding on Sept. 11 and I'm really wondering how that's going to work out. At least by then I'll be on regular food; just not much of it. Do they pack doggie-bags at weddings??? I have heard people talking about eating pork rinds like they are an acceptable food...anyone know anything about that? I've never had them. Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/04 12:13 pm - Somewhere Else
Doggie-bag at a wedding = your purse? LOL Never had pork rinds, but would think they'd be high in sodium and fat? Linda
Lalocaweta
on 8/6/04 12:19 pm - Spicewood, TX
The following is a secret...DH must NEVER know (or he will give me incredible grief...) You can suck on the puffed cheetos...and I have!!! Ate about 5 of them...and that satified the craving. I ate pizze that other day and felt awful. Took care of that craving really quick. Taco Bell is killing me though...I would LOVE to have a baja chalupa...But settling for pintos n cheese. I will overcome this head hunger....I will overcome this head hunger...
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/04 12:23 pm - Somewhere Else
True..I had a few Cheetos that was too..lol only a week out..LOL. I would love a chicken chalupa...but we don't even have Taco Bell here last time I had those was in 2000 when I was in Nashville. Linda
IrishIze
on 8/6/04 12:24 pm - NJ
Anne, you are too funny!! Sucking on Cheetos - well, don't think I haven't thought about it too!! What a bunch we are - doggie bags purses at weddings and sucking on Cheetos!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views