Met my food nazi last night!

Denise W.
on 8/5/04 8:37 pm - MD
My little pouch let me know who was boss last night. I ate my fish fillet and mashed avocado too fast and didn't heed the full signs. Ended up with intense pressure in my chest for about an hour and then I started throwing up. Felt better after that and was able to sip some water to work the rest of the food out of my pouch. Whew! Not fun.....won't be doing that again. Eat slow and chew chew chew. Nice to know that the pouch works however and that I am no longer the boss
IrishIze
on 8/5/04 10:45 pm - NJ
Wow, that must be scary the first time! I drank my protein drink too fast the other night and felt pretty ill. I didn't vomit, but I couldn't take in anything else the rest of the night. Pouchie was pretty unhappy with me! Well, I guess we know who's boss now!! Hugs, Nancy
JulesC
on 8/5/04 11:04 pm - Spring Hill, TN
Sorry that you got sick, but it sounds like it is part of the re-learning process we have to go through. I am still on protein shakes (week 2) and am having trouble ingesting anything slow enough. I am used to guzzling diet coke or water, and really have to work on myself to slow down. Hope you are feeling better today! Jules
melissaross75
on 8/6/04 4:47 am - Cottage Grove, MN
I'm going onto my 4th week soon and just wondering why type of fish fillet you had and how you cooked it. I've had shredded (blenderized on puree) Chicken and that worked, and mashed-with-a-fork SPAM, but I would LOVE to have fish. I'm on pureed food til next week, at my month check up I'm hoping they will tell me to start experimenting. Melissa
melissab
on 8/6/04 7:32 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I am having catfish, steamed in a steamer with Mrs.Dash table blend herb stuff on it for flavor. Of course I'll get one - two ounces and that's it. But boy am I looking forward to it. I also get to blend it first, lucky me, but at least it isn't a drinkable (liquid) dinner! At 9 days out, something like fish sounds just awesome!
Denise W.
on 8/6/04 9:02 pm - MD
Melissa, I had tilapia....it is a mild, soft fish. Yummmy Baked it with a little butter on top and salt and pepper. Normally my pouch likes it if I don't force feed it
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/04 11:14 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've thrown up three times since surgery, and I know the cause of each. The first time, I gagged on a crushed BP medicine. I would have puked regardless of whether or not I had surgery. The next time, I ate two saltines too fast, and up came one big blob. Yesterday, I had about two sips of milk left to drink (as I was walking out the door), and took them too fast and threw up on the driveway before I got into the car. Anyway...it IS nice to know that my pouch is working. I have two stages of fullnes, below my chest and above my chest. I stop when I get to the below my chest fullness. I also know when I've eaten to fast or haven't chewed well enough...talk about painful! I just hope I don't have to too many more times!
Adrienne C.
on 8/6/04 11:21 am - Mahwah, NJ
Hi Denise - I had my surgery on 7/19 also and this past Monday night I had my first (and hopefully last) experience like yours. It was absolutely horrible! The pains started around 11p.m. when I wanted to go to bed. I was exhausted but the pains got worse when I laid down. They lasted about 1-1/2 hours but I never threw up. I found myself holding my breath and trying not to move. My surgeon's nutritionist told me I either ate too much or too fast or both. I know she was right. I guess I had a case of my eyes being bigger than my stomach (literally). I have so totally learned my lesson and agree with you about who's the boss! Best of luck to you on your journey! Be well.
Lalocaweta
on 8/6/04 12:23 pm - Spicewood, TX
Denise: I think there was something in the air last night...I ate some Chinese Food - very little - at my mom's house...Within 5 minutes of eating, I had to ....And I did not want my mom to know - as she would freak out (She is 84 years old - so this surgery has all been a scary experience for her!) I had to go back and forth between the bathroom for a good hour - Told mom I had to pee a lot... NO more Chinese Food...Pouch won another war! Anne
Denise W.
on 8/6/04 9:05 pm - MD
Sounds like we are all learning that we are no longer in charge! It is part of the relearning process, take small bites, chew it to death and listen to our pouch. For so many years as a MO person, I never listened to my body. I ate until the food was gone, regardless of whether I was already full or not. Those days are over.....there is a new sheriff in town. I am glad to have a built in control now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views