Time off after WLS

Norma_ENVY
on 8/5/04 9:12 am - Montebello, CA
How long did you take off work after your WLS?
ellabella
on 8/5/04 9:13 am - Grand Rapids, MI
I had planned on three weeks, but ended up taking (and needing) a full six weeks. My advice is to plan on as long as you can to give yourself plenty of time to heal! Tammy
IrishIze
on 8/5/04 9:36 am - NJ
At the moment I'm planning on six weeks. (Open RNY) Hugs, Nancy
Traci H.
on 8/5/04 10:44 am - New Orleans, LA
I was ready to go back after 1.5 weeks, but took 2 weeks and 2 days off just because it was available to me and I've been having fun! I had surgery 2 weeks ago today and plan to go back on Monday. But everyone is different. Traci
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/6/04 12:57 am - MD
i went back after 2 weeks but i had RNY done lap not open
kknute
on 8/6/04 4:18 am - COTTONWOOD, MN
I HAD MY SURGERY --LAP--7/16/04 AND WAS BACK TO WORK 7/26/04..KATHY
Cathy I.
on 8/6/04 4:44 am - Shelby Township, MI
Hi, I had open rny on 7/19. I was off for about 10 days, then came in for a few hours the rest of the second week. I am going to be back full time next week. I do have to tell you that I have an administrative position, so no major physical labor. Cathy I
Letitia B.
on 8/6/04 10:59 am - Pasadena, TX
I had Lap RNY and planned to be off 6 weeks. My disability insurance is paying me full pay until 8-18, but I am going back 2 days earlier then that. I had surgery 7/7 and will go back 8/16. I wanted to be out that long and my doctor agreed. I am on my 4th week and really looking forward to getting back to work, never ever thought I would say that. I just want to get back to a routine and get back to the real world, besides I miss all my friends at work. I am in administration, so all I do is sit at a desk all day. Enjoy the time you have off. Tish
SpyderS
on 8/7/04 8:18 am - Swedesboro, NJ
I had my surgery on July 14, and am going back next Thursday August 11 --- which is a full 4 weeks. I had an open RNY. No complications at all. I am ready to go back to work. Spyder
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views