I'm Home!

GailD
on 8/4/04 1:07 pm - Racine, WI
Hi all, Had surgery last Wednesday and came home from the hospital on Sunday. I had open RNY, and all went very smoothly. I haven't had much pain...stopped the morphine by Friday. Still on liquids...I'm probably over-cautious but I want to play it safe! Taking in a lot of protein drinks and trying to get the water down...drinking water is tougher than I thought it would be! Otherwise, no nausea...just tiny burping when I drink! Take care, Gail
Dawn H.
on 8/4/04 8:03 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
GAIL! Happy to see you back on line.. welcome to the july post op club Sounds like you came thru with flying colors and will be up and running soon! you are doing fabulous with protien.. and for the water .. for me it just doesnt sit well. I drink propel fitness water .. seems to be a llittle easier not sure why. Congratulations .. from one 7/28 sister to another Dawn
IrishIze
on 8/4/04 10:32 pm - NJ
Welcome home, Gail!! Glad everything went well and you are feeling good!! Take it easy with the liquids - I found tha****er didn't sit well with me. It made me feel like I had rocks in my pouch!! I drank Fruit Refreshers and that sat much better. Hugs, Nancy
JulesC
on 8/5/04 8:26 am - Spring Hill, TN
I had surgery just the day before you did. SO glad that you are back home and feeling well. I took pain pills the day after I came home, then was able to go with just Tylenol so I feel very fortunate. Water and I are getting reacquainted. I wish you well in your recovery!!! Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views