Im soo frustrated

Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/4/04 11:25 am - MD
I had surgery the 19th.. i make sure i get my protein in eat the appropriate amounts of food and excersise and my body wants to keep my weight....i lost 20 in 9 days which was awesome and then it gained 5 for some stupid reason then it lost it back in the next 2 days which would put be 11 days post-op and now im 16 days post op and have only lost 1 lbs in 5 days whats goign ON im soo frustrated i didnt go through all this to not loose and feel go about my progress what am i doing wrong
Irene S.
on 8/4/04 11:31 am - NJ
Jessica, this is a long journey. Just buckle up that seat belt and hang in there! One of the slowest losers on the main board that I can recall has lost way more than 150 lbs in the year since her surgey. It will come off. Some people are hormonally influenced in the way they lose weight. STOP weighing yourself. FORCE yourself to go by doctors scales only, this way you will always show a loss, instead of seeing all the fluctuations. If you can't do this then limit yourself to weighing once a month, or every other week but no more than once a week!!! irene
NadineM
on 8/4/04 3:27 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi Jessica, I am right there with you girlfriend......I lost 10 before surgery then weighed in about 1 week and 2 days and have stayed there with a wopping 8 pounds loss.....since surgery!!! I am on the same date as you......So you are beating me.......don't you feel better now?? As the previous poster said some people have different hormones and our bodies are healing and adjusting.....we need to give it a chance....! Hang in there...... Nadine
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/4/04 10:10 pm - MD
Thank you for the words of encouragement... I deff do need to stop weighing myself thats what drives me crazy,,,i think ill weigh like once a week... and you are both right thank you
IrishIze
on 8/4/04 10:34 pm - NJ
Jessica, you will lose. Irene is right - stay away from the scale - once a week is plenty. Are you getting a good amount of water in? Hugs, Nancy
Dj _.
on 8/4/04 11:59 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi Jessica... You've lost 21 pounds in 17 days? Is that right? I think that's great! Really great!! Be proud, and excited....it'll come. I know it's hard...I step on the scale at least twice a day, and growl at it if it hasn't moved...but having said that, as soon as I walk away from it, I know it'll come...I know it will, and I forgive it. Our bodies are amazing and with the trauma of surgery, and the restricted food intake, it's making the best choices for our health...even if a pound a day weight loss is what our minds want!! Hang in there...I think your progress is great! Deb
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/5/04 8:14 am - MD
i couldnt stay away from the scale but yipee 3 more lbs down
JulesC
on 8/5/04 8:24 am - Spring Hill, TN
I had surgery on the 27th, and I too have a love/hate affair with the scale for now. My mom does have a set of doctor scales, so I know the weight is accurate. I have lost 13 lbs, then gained a lb or so, then you know, just like you. I really need to focus on getting all my post op requirements done, and I KNOW the weight WILL come off, and yours will too. Sending encouraging thoughts, Jules
kknute
on 8/6/04 4:46 am - COTTONWOOD, MN
I feel the same way-- I had surgery on 7/16/04--lost 10 lbs the 1st week --yay--then went down another 9, so I thought I was doing great--but I've put 3 back on--don't get it for a total lost of 16 1bs which is fine--but the scale has not budged since last Friday (7/30/04). kathy
Marcy B.
on 8/6/04 1:09 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
oh my Sisters of the Scale...I can totally relate. But just step back a minute and look at what we are putting ourselves through. Its insane!! Of COURSE we are going to the lose the weight, and so therefore weighing ourselves constantly is going to do nothing but stress us out. We come into this with preconceived notions that the weight is going to melt off- then no matter what happens we all think that the weight loss is going to happen to everyone else but us...because of course our bodies don't work right, and we will be the only ones who will have this surgery and for whom it won't work. Right? Sound familiar?? We are travelling unchartered territory for all of us here and we don't know quite what to expect. And its all about wanting immediate gratification. We want what we want, and we want it now... Especially if we can't indulge our latest food craving...well then at the very least that #$%% scale better move!!! Right? How many people have begun asking you how much weight you have lost already? Oh...the pressure. I just say - I am not counting pounds. Luckily I don't have a scale that goes as high as 335 so I have no way to weigh myself at home. So what I have been knocking myself out with is measuring myself with a tape measure. ITs fun to count the inches lost, and hard to have any particular idea of how fast or how many inches a person should lose. So that keeps me entertained without getting to frustrated about this whole mess. If we just keep on keeping on...the weight has got to come off. Even at an average of 10 lbs per month thats 100 lbs in 10 months How cool is that? And in about a year and half we all have the promise of no longer having to live our lives as morbidly obese people. Isn't that exciting? That helps me when I start to obsess about the scale. I can't let this heroic effort sink to level of my other failed weight loss efforts...so I have vowed not to make the same mistakes. Who knows if I even know what the $%%* I am talking about. Its the food deprivation talking!! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views