One Month and 13lbs down

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/04 12:55 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well, today I am one month out, and I have lost 13lbs. Not great by any standards. I was VERY upset with it. My surgeon, who thought I should have lost about 30lbs, did not seem overly concerned with it, and said overall, I should lose at least 150lbs. I posted on the main board earlier, and have gotten a ton of responses that have helped me feel less like a failure. It's not ME...it's my body! It's not like I'm stuffing myself at Ryan's or eating Krispy Kreme donuts. My body is just trying to hoard what it has...I guess.
Naaazah
on 8/3/04 1:30 pm - Killeen, TX
hi pamela, I know exactly what you mean. I will be 3weeks post op on thursday and have only lost a total of 23lbs. I dont have enough strength to get up and walk miles yet. My food intake is very little. I should have lost 50lbs with the amount of food that ive eaten the last 3 weeks. anyway good luck. hang in there. shameka
TweedyBird
on 8/4/04 9:28 am - Somewhere, AR
You have lost 23lbs in three weeks and you are unhappy or unsatisfied??? Well I am walking (2.0 miles a day). I have lots of energy and I eat about 5-7 oz of food three times a day. I have lost 25lbs in three weeks. I must say I a very happy. In fact, the surgeon stated that the average is between 15 and 20 lbs. Sometimes I think we have to remember it took us more than three weeks to get to the weight we are, so it is going to take more than three weeks to get to the weight we want to be. We must have healthy expectations. Also, the more weight...the faster you will loose. One woman posted she had lost 39lbs, which is great. But we have to keep in perspective too, her BMI reads 68 or 69. Ladies lets not get disillusioned. Tweedy
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/04 10:23 am - Somewhere Else
Amen Tweedy! Finally someone stating what I've tried to say so often. People need to remember, this isn't a race nor a competition. Everyone is going to lose at different rates. As long as it's coming off, who cares how fast????? Every pound lost, is a pound closer to your goal. Another thing..people have to stop thinking...*it's gone and gone forever!*....it's not gone forever...this isn't a cure..the weight can be gained back! It will take alot of hard work, willpower and effort to keep the weight off after we've reached our goals...if we're all even lucky enough to reach them. I've seen a few people gain almost everything back that they had lost..and that's a shame...but they also had that mindset...*gone forever!*.... As Tweedy said....don't be disillusioned. Linda
DEBI
on 8/20/04 7:37 am - Indianapolis, IN
Well said Tweedy. As long as I am healthy and I am learning how to eat again....healthy eating......then I will not become a slave to the scale. All I know is that I am loosing and I feel better already.....It's all about getting the chance to start living a more healthy lifestyle. I don't want to go back to eating bad foods again.....I want to be one of those people who eat from the food groups and who crave the breads,cereals and pastas before the high fat dairy and meats.....I want to eat for my health now...not to satisfy cravings....I used to go to Churchs Fried Chicken and buy the 10 piece dark......just for me and eat all 10 pieces in 2 days....that's insaneeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Atima M.
on 8/3/04 4:24 pm - St. Paul, MN
Your doing fine don't stress! 13lbs is great hang in there and get your energy together so you can start working out! Atima RNY 7/19/04
us2bfat C.
on 8/3/04 8:46 pm - selden, NY
just remember 13 lbs lost and gone FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brittypie
on 8/4/04 1:25 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Pamela, You are not quite a month out. Do not let it get you dowm..I had RNY on 7/1/04 and as of today have lost 18 pounds. I am a slow loser...but what diet would have you down 13 pounds in less than a month. Hang in there!
NadineM
on 8/4/04 3:16 pm - Vancouver, WA
SLOW LOSER HERE TOO.....I am 2 weeks and 3 days and have only lost 8 pounds since surgery. I guess I can't count the 10 I lost before surgery, so I feel your pain. I can't understand it either. I know I am not getting all my protein and water and excersize like I should too......but I am trying. I am hopeful for a greater loss soon. But thankful if it goes off slowly it's better for your skin stretch marks....!!!! They say "lightweights" do loose slower but I have to say I am a bit jealous....hee hee!! Oh well, our day will come!! Hang in there....I am right there with ya!!!! Nadine
JulesC
on 8/5/04 8:35 am - Spring Hill, TN
Don't be discouraged - we all lose at different rates. I am very new too, and have been thinking about what weight I have or have not lost. But as was said, this is not a race - it is really the journey of a thousand miles that begins but with a single step. Stay the course and you will do great!! Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views