I'm HOME :)

melissab
on 8/3/04 11:30 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Well I got home last night but was too tired to post. I had surgery Wed. July 28 in Rochester NY. I was out of the hospital Friday July 30. Stayed in a hotel in Rochester until yesterday, had my postop checkup up and then spent the 9 hours driving home (ontario canada). Everything went GREAT! Hardly any pain, up 2 hours out of recover for a short walk, within 8 hours was doing several laps alone around the floor. Haven't felt sick to my stomache once. Haven't dumped, although I did discover after less than an ounce of skim milk, that lactaid works better. The gas from surgery took over 48 hours to fully break out and was really the only major source of pain, but it was more "discomfort". Walking helped each and every time. I am starting my pureed diet (stage 2) tomorrow and everything goes down okay. I'm very strict about my doctors orders and follow to a T. I am under on my protein intake so I'll have to start an extra shake as a liquid in the evenings. S/F Carnation Instant Breakfasts are soooooo good, made with Lactaid milk and a whole whack of skim milk powder added in for even more protein. They have become my friends The wonderful, dance around the room news, that made me cry cry cry cry cry such wonderful HAPPY tears????????? I lost 18.5lbs in 6 days!!!!! I could NOT believe it! I know it won't last much longer, it will slow right down, and I'll have plateaus like everyone else along the line. But boy what a gift right out of surgery to lose that much! It is in such funny places. My joint inflammation (never under control even with meds for over 5 years) is GONE! I have gone down a half a shoe size in 6 days by my inflammation just DISAPPEARING! My hands are so much smaller that my partner Derek has now met my KNUCKLES he hasn't seen ONCE since we've been together (over 3 years). My 11 year son asked when I got home if I lost already cuz "you look you're melting". How great is that??? Do I have regrets? Not one! Would I do it again? Yes. I walked a mile straight this morning after breakfast, only 6 days out of surgery, and didn't flinch. I haven't been able to walk that far in over 5 years. I had to STOP myself from walking more and overdoing it, my motivation and energy level was so high it made me want to keep going. I'm a loser and so HAPPY! God is good Melissa
Atima M.
on 8/3/04 4:26 pm - St. Paul, MN
Welcome home loser! Atima RNY 7/19/04
IrishIze
on 8/4/04 2:06 am - NJ
Glad you're home and doing well Melissa! I have been doing pretty well too, all things considered. Got my staples out today and offically I'm down 21 lbs.....I'm happy!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views