Help with food

Carla S.
on 8/2/04 8:19 pm - Signal Mountain, TN
I am struggling with what to eat. Today I start my soft food. Last week on blended (pureed) food was horrible!!!!! Can any of you that are post op and on soft food give me an idea of what you are eating other than eggs, chicken and turkey. I would really appreciate the help. Carla Smith
Denise W.
on 8/2/04 9:35 pm - MD
Carla, here are some ideas: fatfree refried beans with a little melted cheese and sourcream mashed potatoes zuccini and yellow squash cooked until very soft 1/2 lb ground turkey cooked in 8 oz tomato sauce and add spices (be sure to mash the turkey up well when cooking) cottage cheese with mashed up mango (yummy) ricotta cheese with sugar free jam or jelly Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 11:52 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Tuna! I use a can of tuna and one hard-boiled egg and then doctor it up based on what I feel like. One can lasts 3 or 4 meals (mine lasted 3, but could have gone 4). TONS of protein in 1/3 of a can. You could also have lean ham, string cheese, refried beans... At least, these are things I am allowed at four weeks out. Your nutritionist can give you better advice...
IrishIze
on 8/3/04 12:08 am - NJ
Carla, I'm just starting on pureed foods, but will go to soft foods in a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking the question - I'm going to jot down all the ideas! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views