Anyone else with this prob?

Deejay
on 8/2/04 10:02 am - Sparks, NV
Whenever I drink, it takes about 4 or 5 drinks over a couple minutes for my pouch to get used to it and not hurt. Its like it cramps and hurts everytime I drink and then finally goes away after a couple minutes and a couple more sips. It doesn't happen with food, only liquid. I hope this stops soon!
Dhodges
on 8/2/04 11:43 am - Bakersfield, CA
I wouldn't call it pain, but it does make me a little quessy. Food does the samething unless I take a drink of water before I eat. The only thing that doesn't do it is the SF popcicles. Let me know if you find out why? Debbie RNY - Open - 6-2-04
IrishIze
on 8/2/04 12:56 pm - NJ
I only get pain with water - it's not really a pain but I feel like there is a rock in my pouch. I have been drinking Fruit Refreshers and I don't have a problem with them or tea, but as soon as I take a drink of water I get like lump in my pouch. I pat my chest like I'm burping myself and it finally feels better. I also find that every time I eat a popsicle, my pouch makes so much noise!! It doesn't hurt, just gets very noisy....who knows? Hugs, Nancy
JustHat
on 8/2/04 5:52 pm - NM
I do. Anything that I put in my mouth causes pain. And, it doesn't go away. The pain isn't real great. But, tonight I was trying to take my ground up pills. This is the worst thing I do all day. I tossed the powder in and took a drink. I guess I forgot what I was doing and took too big of a drink. It felt like my chest was going to bust open. It last only a couple of minutes thankfully. The only thing that doesn't cause any discomfort or pain in my pouch is hot tea. My pouch loves hot tea. Hat Open RNY 7-27
Irene S.
on 8/2/04 10:27 pm - NJ
You're not alone. I have the same thing. I get a lot of gas and cramping. I'm sure this will get better with time. irene
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 11:56 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Water did that to me. I also discovered that my first couple of sips were generally larger than they should have been. And each time I introduce a new food, the first two bites are agony, but after a few minutes, I have no problem eating the rest of it. Strange things, these new stomachs.
JulesC
on 8/3/04 8:46 am - Spring Hill, TN
I am having a bit of trouble too. I think I am swallowing too much air, since I keep feeling like I need to burp and have some pain. I have found I need room temp liquids at the coldest or I get cramps. I also found that hot broth makes my pouch the happiest. Jules
sradcli74
on 8/5/04 7:25 am
Hi, My doc advises drinking liquids at room temp. Good Luck Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits