Anyone have LUMP under main incision scar?

NadineM
on 8/2/04 8:30 am - Vancouver, WA
Just curious if this has happened to anyone here recently. I am 2 weeks out and I have my post-op appt. tomorrow. Even though I notcied this the first week the Dr's assistant said it was just a collection of blood/fluid and it will disolve on it's own. Well, 1 week later it has not, is this like a hernia? I am so scared I am going to have to be re-opened. Has anyone heard of this. It does not stick out.....It's under my left main incision and it's about the size of half a golf ball from what I can feel and it sits right under my rib-cage so when I sit sometimes it hits it.....Ugggggg!! Nadine
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 11:58 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I have something SIMILAR, but I don't think it's what your talking about. The area where my drain was is much tougher beneath the skin, where scar tissue has formed (I think). Maybe you have a seroma. I don't know...never did get a medical degree
siennagodiva
on 8/3/04 1:57 pm - BALTIMORE, MD
I had something similar under my left main incision. I don't know if it was the size of a golf ball but when you start to panic it feels a whole lot larger. Plus, I started to get that left side pain everyone was talking about. I also thought to myself---hernia?. But when I went to my two week follow up, my Dr assured me that all was well and it was just healing. Now when I feel it, it doesn't seem nearly as large or as painful. I wouldn't worry too much just have your dr look at it during your follow up....
dawn1973
on 8/4/04 10:47 am - Walkerton, IN
I have the exact same thing. My doctor thinks it is a seroma and I am to see her tomorrow to see if it is she will drain it in the office..I will let you know
NadineM
on 8/4/04 3:22 pm - Vancouver, WA
THANKS EVERYONE.....for your responses! I did see the Dr.s assistant and she said it was normal. I didn't have a drip tube when I came out so it is just a collection of fluid or blood and that lots of people get them and as long as it's not red or I have a fever or vomiting that it will disolve over time. Even if you were to draw it out with a needle she said they sometimes multiply and grow back bigger. So for now it can stay where it's at, but it better leave soon..... I want my normal tummy back!!! Thanks again for your help! Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views