Burping

Jamie D.
on 8/2/04 6:12 am - Ontario, CA
I"m 2 weeks post op and every time I drink or eat I burp, A LOT!!! When I was on liquid only, same thing, and the dr said I was swallowing too much air with the liquid but man am I a balloon seeking helium or something because it doesn't stop. I can eat a meal, burp burp burp. I can drink some water, burp burp burp. I've done all I can do to try not to suck in air but I still burp with it. I had my gallbladdar removed with this also and am wondering it that has anything to do with it.
JulesC
on 8/2/04 6:21 am - Spring Hill, TN
Well I am 7 days out and I am burping some small burps too. I really am trying not to swallow air, but I can't seem to help myself today. This morning I was really queasy, but I think I just swallowed too much air with my morning protein drink. Your fellow burper, Jules
Joy P.
on 8/2/04 1:24 pm - Thorndale, TX
My burping had not been too bad until I did a no no and ate the piece of water melon last night. The fibers are not letting the liquids pass. I think the stomach makes bubbles and then here come the burps. I don't know, hoping all will be ok by morning. Joy
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 6:29 am - Somewhere Else
Well Jamie... I'm almost a month out now and still burping. I'm not swallowing air when eating or drinking either...just seem to burp alot...hiccups still now and then too, but not as often as the first couple of weeks. Think about it..it's better burping than.... Linda
Sherry Sonson
on 8/2/04 6:43 am - Valdese, NC
Same here burp, burp, burp, even at the doctors office today burp I to am trying not to swallow air, but I guess it take patice and patients. God Bless, Sherry
Marj G.
on 8/2/04 6:52 am - Plymouth, MA
Only 5 days out and burping like a trooper. Please tell me it will stop. Marj
Dawn H.
on 8/2/04 9:46 am - Jersey CIty, NJ
still burping here too 5 days out and on liquids .. and the burps hurt.. I walk and walk to get rid of the gas.. I have to stop to burp.. cause of the pain.. Mom walks with me.. just to make sure im ok.. she worries when i walk faster .. cause usually the gas is comming out the other side
Angela H.
on 8/2/04 11:33 am - Marysville, OH
Wish I could give you relief! I had my surgery on 7-9 and still burping a lot! I feel lots of gas in the lower abdomen also but it is really hard for me to pu**** out - it hurts. I have found that chewable GasX does help some but does not take it away completely. I find that wehn I use a straw to sip I burp less. My surgeon said a straw was ok to use. Right in there with ya all! Angela
MargaretD
on 8/3/04 3:57 am - Nashville, TN
right there with ya. Although, I think of it as more of a gurgling in my esophagus ending with the occasional burp. I had the hiccups this morning too. But only two of them...weird!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views