Support.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 12:36 am - Somewhere Else
I think the most important part of the recovery and success of this surgery is support. The support from those you love and those closest to you. I hope everyone out there is at least half as lucky as I feel when it comes to the support I have. Not only do I have the support of my kids, family, friends and even my ex...more importantly I have the constant, unwavering support of my boyfriend. He supported me from the beginning, only because this was something *I* wanted. Long before the surgery he always made sure to tell me, daily, just how beautiful and sexy I was...well this has only gotten more frequent. This man sat in the hospital patiently waiting for hours...(well not so patiently, he kept calling the nurses in recovery and pestering them about wtf I was and htf I was ) He was a nervous wreck. When I awoke in recovery, the nurses immediately went to get him... You know you have something very special when people who don't know you...(nurses in recovery and the daughters of a patient sharing my room) comment on what a wonderful couple you are and that you seem to really belong together. Commenting on the love they see shared between the 2 of you. This Mr. Tough Guy..lol...daily, checks my incisions to be sure they're healing properly...constantly asks if I'm alright...worries and gets emotional if I show any signs of pain (luckily that hasn't happened much...only really when I ripped open my lower incision ) But to me...the most important thing is..he's there for me, always there...always with those kind words and compliments, making me feel so much better about myself. Making me realize that I am beautiful fat or thin...he has helped me grow much more confident...I know I can do and be anything I want now. I hope you all have someone like this in your life, to help you on this journey...whether it be a friend, a family member or a lover or spouse... This is the most important thing to have to get through this and be a success....support and love. I love my man...and I appreciate him for who he is and everything he has done for me!!!! Linda
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 7:28 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I couldn't have done this without the support of my husband. I couldn't even wipe my own behind when I first got home, and he didn't once pretend to gag. Now THAT'S love Even now, when I try a food for the first time, he reminds me to "Chew it good." He's been terrific, and I am glad that he belongs to me!
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 11:22 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Pamela... I'm glad you have such a supportive husband, that is so important when going through something like this. I'm amazed that more people aren't posting their praises of the loved ones who are supporting and helping them This is something we should all be proud of and thankful for. Take care..and keep chewing Linda
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/2/04 11:18 pm - Oxnard, CA
Hi ya girls!! Amen Linda!!! My husband is wonderful too. I'm like Pam, he even wiped my hiney when I first came home from the hospital. He didnt like leaving me when he had to go back to work. The nurses in the hospital couldnt believe how wonderful he was too!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/04 12:00 pm - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Michelle.. I'm glad you are blessed with such a loving and supportive husband. The people who have shown us the support and love we need to get through this, need to be praised as much, if not more than our surgeons...it isn't easy for them to deal with watching us go through the things we have...and will...or to deal with all the worry. More power to them...and thank you to each and every one of them Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views