Daily Exercise Swap

JustHat
on 8/1/04 4:48 pm - NM
I am late joining the post op game. But, having finally made it, I was wondering if y'all would like to post daily what your excercise was for the day. I know that knowing what others at my stage are doing and it would be very motivational. If your interested, you can post Monday's exercise here.
Dawn H.
on 8/1/04 6:54 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
Sunday: walk to the mail box sure its only 3 blocks away but one block is up hill and steep.. other than that .. its fun time arobics getting out of bed and out of the recliner I bought that walking for health tape.. Too much arm swinging lunging bouncing activity for me just yet .. Monday.. Walk 6 blocks? Dawn
china2578
on 8/1/04 9:40 pm - Spring, TX
I had my surgery on 7-26 The first week of my surgery I was getting up every 2-3 hrs to walk around the house for about 10 minutes. I would take about 4-5 laps around my house. It was more than I should have walked but I wasnt able to stay sitted for longer periods of time. This weekend I was a little lazy since all my family was home it was kind of hard to walk around them. I went to walmart on saturday and walked just looking around for about 15 min.. sunday went to HEB and walked for another 10 min. I am thinking on starting my walking routine todayto walk at least 15-20 minutes a day around my neighborhood. I still have some pain but it hurts more when I sit so is better to walk as much as I can.
Rebecca T.
on 8/1/04 11:55 pm - Central, NY
I drove my car around my neighborhood and measured out 1 mile. I would walk about 1/4 mile, very slowly at first and using a walking stick, then got up to walking 1/2 mile without the walking stick and at a normal pace, then went up to 1 mile. I've been doing that everyday for about 1 week. My tummy still hurts beginning about 3/4 mile, but I just slow down and take it easy then. My doc says only walking for exercise until 8 weeks out.
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 1:19 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I don't exercise...yet. A week out from surgery, I got an ear infection and felt like crap. I swam and walked on vacation, but sprained my ankle my last night on vacation, and I've been keeping off of it ever since (one week, today). I PLAN to join the YMCA...my husband and daughter need the exercise, too. When we were members before, I walked on the treadmill between 30 and 60 minutes, and lifted weights for 30 minutes. I can't wait to finally get back at it!
Tracey L.
on 8/2/04 6:27 am - Concord, CA
Am I already failing? I was inpatient for five days, spiked an unknown fever/diarhhea then when I came home hubby and I both came down w/ the flu. I am weak and so very tired. I have zero energy. Anyone else that way?
IrishIze
on 8/2/04 7:11 am - NJ
I have been walking every day, but I don't know how far. I need to get a pedometer. I'll try give a rough idea, though. I suppose today I walked 1/2 mile. Hugs, Nancy
afbrown
on 8/2/04 4:40 pm - Duluth, GA
I got in the pool and paddled around for about one hour. It felt great!! Ann in GA
JustHat
on 8/3/04 8:52 am - NM
Ann, that sounds great. I was just thinking how hot I am. Did you have open or lap? And, how long did you have to wait before you could go back in the water? Hat
afbrown
on 8/3/04 4:23 pm - Duluth, GA
Hat, I had my surgery lap. The doc told me to wait two weeks before getting in the pool. I didn't get in until Monday, though 'cause I just hadn't had a chance. I didn't get in today, but hopefully will have some time tomorrow. We put a pool in our back yard a couple of years ago. It's 18' x 33' x 5' deep, so I can actually swim "laps!" Ann in GA
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views