Anyone have Seromas leaking?

Lori L.
on 8/1/04 12:50 pm - Southern, NJ
I had my operation on 7-12 and a week ago i had seromas leaking out of my incision. Last week my dr. took my staples out and out tape on the scar i have but not on the bottom where the liquid was leaking. So with that i now have about an inch and a 1/2 long opening that is about 1/2 inch wide. I am so freaked out I am going to get an infection, and scared to let the shower water touch it. I called the dr. on friday and they said this is normal and to make sure i wear my binder, but in the mean time i am freaking out over it. I feel fine except for the scared feeling I am having over this opening. Has anyone else had seroma leaks? and for how long if it has stopped. I am going on 2 weeks of leaking. Thank you, Lori
Heather M.
on 8/1/04 1:30 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
Lori - I sprung a leak a few days ago. Don't freak out this is normal. All it is is the serum from your blood. It's just trying to protect the wound. It's the same stuff as what you would find in a blister that protects the skin. It should stop eventually. I wash mine is the shower with soap and water. The only problem it gives me is sometimes it leaks a lot and sometimes not hardly at all. So one minute I'll be fine with just a band-aid on it and the next I have this huge orangish stain on the front of my shirt. I would check with your doctor and as long as they think it will be okay then don't worry. Heather
Lori L.
on 8/1/04 1:54 pm - Southern, NJ
Thank you for your reply. I am tired of the leaking I was told it could last weeks. It just pours out of me. I am more scared of the opening than the leaking itself. The dr says the size of the opening if fine just keep the binder on, I am so scared to le****er into the site because of how opened it is, i am scared of the burn. I have to use maxi pads as well to catch all the leaking. Thank you again for your reply!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views