Not feeling well

BonniePTA
on 8/1/04 7:32 am - Yorktown, IN
Hello all. My name is Bonnie. Like all of you I wonder what is the amount of weight I should be loosing. I had surgery on 7-13-04 weighed in at 256. Today 8-1-04 I am at 234. I wonder if i am loosing too slow. Lost 4 #s my first week. Now I am experiencing some upper abdominal pain, fullness or like something is stuck. Just below my breast line. I feel worse when I eat. I am having bowel movements so I know things must be going through. I have not been hunger so only taking in liquids. I was eatting 1-2 oz of cottage cheese, apple sauce and instant potatoes. So nothing that would cause this feeling. I am running a low greade temp, 99.7-100.6 through out the day. Been takeing childrens motron to keep it down. Anyone else experience any of this. Thanks for your help. Bonnie
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/1/04 7:44 am - Oxnard, CA
Bonnie: So sorry you arent feeling well. My doctor's office said to stay away from instant potatoes as it has hidden sugars and can cause dumping. Are you allowed to take Motrin??? That is on the forbidden list with my doc. If your temp continues, you need to call the doctor.
Debra O.
on 8/1/04 7:47 am - Chino, CA
If I were you I'd be calling my Dr. Having a Temp is not a good sign, and I wouldnt wait around to get worse. Also you are taking motrin? Im sure all of us know that post op we are never allowed motrin again. Take tylenol. Another thing i noticed is there is not much protien in your diet. I would increase the protien also. ~Debra RNY-Lap-7-14-04 270/252/140
IrishIze
on 8/1/04 8:05 am - NJ
Bonnie, I agree with Debra - call your doctor. This is not something that should be happening to you. And, no more Motrin!! It is Ibuprofen and we can't take that anymore, children's strength or otherwise!! I hope you start feeling better soon - get your rest, but please call your doctor. Hugs, Nancy
grannyannie
on 8/1/04 9:58 am - Celina, OH
Yes definetly call the doctor immediately....I just had my surgery 6 days ago so I am not that far along but my daughter had problems swallowing and like it was stuck. She had to go in and have her stoma stretched. Very easy procedure, But she never ran a fever. This is a sign of infection so do not wait any longer. CALL DOCTOR Hugs to you Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views