Weight Loss Stopped!!

Naaazah
on 8/1/04 2:01 am - Killeen, TX
Hi all, Ive been post- op about 2 weeks now. I lost 23lbs the first week and a half, this week ive lost nothing. My energy level is very low, i cant seem to get up out of bed and go for a good walk. Is this normal? My doc says get up and go, its just so hard right now.. please give advice!!!
BonniePTA
on 8/1/04 7:46 am - Yorktown, IN
Shameka, I am post op 7-13-04 not far behind you. I lost 4 lbs my 1st week. As of this date I am down 22 lbs. I wonder if you are getting enough protein in. Are you taking vit. B-12. My Dietian had me increase my vit. B=12 to taking the tablet everyday. I have the engery. walking 2 /2 miles a day. I would look into your vitamins and make sure you are getting enough. Bonnie
grannyannie
on 8/1/04 10:02 am - Celina, OH
Bonnie...my gosh you are doing well. walking that far a day. I am very proud of you. Keep up the good work. Hugs Anna Archer [email protected]
Rebecca T.
on 8/2/04 12:12 am - Central, NY
Do you have discomfort at all when you are walking? I still have pain in my ribcage that starts nagging me around 3/4 mile.
Naaazah
on 8/2/04 2:21 am - Killeen, TX
I still feel very dizzy and light headed when i do get out and attempt to walk. Ive noticed, i get very short of breath, hot and panicky feeling. This experience has been hard for me. I am usually so full of energy and life and i just feel drained. Is anyone else out there feeling this way?
NadineM
on 8/2/04 3:45 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi All, Well to make you ALL feel REALLY GOOD about your weight loss......I am NOT loosing anything....I lost 10 pounds before surgery on that all liquid diet. I am 2 weeks out today and have only lost 8 pounds on top of the pre-surgery loss. I don't understand it???????? I walk every day, probably only 1/2 mile, I try to get in at least 32-40 ounces of water, and about 30 Grams of protein. Maybe my calories are too high I don't know... I have my post-op appt. tomorrow and hopefully will get some idea......Did they really do the surgery??? I also have not once up chugged anything and no dumping etc....everything goes down well like pre-surgery? Nadine
MargaretD
on 8/2/04 5:38 am - Nashville, TN
Nadine, are you getting enough protein? I am supposed to get in double that amount. Which I have to say is very difficult. Also I am supposed to get about twice the water/liquid (I am allowed to count my protein drinks for the total liquid). My recovery was quite quick and I too have the thoughts of whether they actually did the surgery or just poked me a little! But, I get full quickly, have to drink slowly, and get exhausted very easily! Yesterday was the first day since surgery that I did not take a nap and I was tuckered by 9pm! When I walk, I sometimes get tired and sometimes do not. I really think it depends on my protein intake.
NadineM
on 8/2/04 6:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Margaret, I may not be getting my total protein, but as everyone says here you need to try your best. I usually have some breakfast, Malot-o-meal, which doesn't have much protien then 2 hours later I have my protein drink, Slim Fast Lo Carb, 20 grams of protein 3 carbs, and 190 cal. I usually drink half now and half later in the day and then I try to get some pureed protein for lunch & dinner (usually beans or chili) I do get about 32-40 oz of water plus the protein drink, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong......? Maybe my scale is stuck....lol Well, post-op appt. tomorrow so I will find out. Lucky you 20 lbs.....!!! That's awesome. They had said lightweights usually loose slower, but this is ridiculous.... Take care, Nadine
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 1:53 pm - Tawas City, MI
hey check out what's called hybernation sydrome! i was just asking someone else about it today and they emailed me info about it. i tried to cut and paste it to you but i couldnt. its us!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views