"Dumping" question....

Traci72
on 7/31/04 2:30 pm - Hastings, MN
Hoping someone can help answer this. I've had the same "issue" 3 times now in 3 days, and I'm not sure if it's 'dumping' or if I just ate too much. All 3 times a sudden severe nausea would hit about 10mins after my last bite, and be so bad that I just couldn't talk. (for fear of all over the table...sorry, TMI) Right after the nausea hit, I'd get unbelievably HOT and need to cool off immediatly. Curling up w/my knees to my tummy helped as well, and after about an hour, I'd be much better. I haven't yet, thank goodness, but is this because of how MUCH I ate, or dumping? What's the best way to start handling meals? Eat a bite or 2 and wait 5mins before taking another bite? Weighing/measuring out how much 1st? Tips/Ideas?????? Traci
Great_Sphinx
on 7/31/04 2:51 pm - Medina, OH
Could be a little bit of both. Dumping does include the nausia and hot flashes, but from what I hear (have yet to experience it *knock on wood*) it also includes heart palpatations, sweats, diareah, and vomiting. I have personally been having problems eating too fast. By the time I realize that I have eaten too much, it is too late. I hurt (almost crying sometimes) and am I nausiated. After about 45 minutes or so, it gets better. For me, I know it is eating too fast. I can feel the food in my esophigus. I HATE that feeling. I did better tonight though. Have you been eating solids with over 10g sugar or drinking anything with over 25g carbs (per 8oz). That could could cause dumping. For me, I am more sensitive to sugars. If I have something close to that limit, I get nausious... never really throw up though. Eventually, it gets better andI don't feel sick any more.
IrishIze
on 7/31/04 10:48 pm - NJ
I am just starting pureed foods today and my surgeon's guidelines is that I should measure out 3 T of food (2 oz) and it should take me 30 - 60 minutes to eat it - no drinking 1 hour before or after. Good luck and I hope you figure it out so your tummy doesn't hurt anymore.... Hugs, Nancy
Rebecca T.
on 8/2/04 12:14 am - Central, NY
Boy Nancy, your doc is tough! I'm glad you get to start on some food, though
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits