Weight loss xx weeks out

Great_Sphinx
on 7/31/04 2:24 pm - Medina, OH
I read a few posts on here where people were saying that they are "Slow loosers". I just wanted to give you a bit of information on weight loss with GBS. We have all heard that everyone looses at different rates... right? Well, a better way to judge your weight loss is by % of excess weight lost. For example, my starting weight was 256. At my apt last wed, I weighed 241. That's a loss of 15 lbs. I was a little dissapointed because some people here were loosing in excess of 40 lbs or so. At the apt, they told me that actually, I am a little ahead of the game for being only 3 weeks out. My weight loss of 15 lbs was 11% of my total excess body weight That is a figure for 4 weeks out. I was surprised. I am sure that if everyone who is a "big looser" and everyone who is a "slow looser" would figure out their excess weight lost, we would be on a more level playing field. To figure out the % lost, take your excess weight (In my case, it is 134 lbs) and divide it by total weight lost. My figure would look like this: 15 / 134 = .11 or 11% Hope that makes sense.
Great_Sphinx
on 7/31/04 2:28 pm - Medina, OH
When I said: To figure out the % lost, take your excess weight (In my case, it is 134 lbs) and divide it by total weight lost. I meant take your total weight lost and divide by your excess weight. Oops. Sorry about that!
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/04 1:27 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Whoo Hoo! That means that I have lost AT LEAST 7% (at my almost 3-week mark). My home scale doesn't read me, so I don't know yet. I go to the surgeon on Tuesday...maybe I'll be down 10%
Sarah M S.
on 8/1/04 10:19 pm - Bay Shore, NY
Hi! I'm 2 weeks out today and have lost 20 pounds. Following the formula I think that's about 17%. Today is the first day my husband went back to work so I'm alone with the kids (5 & 2) I'm a lot nervous. Sarah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views