Post Op Shopping List... On a BUDGET???

Jenn D.
on 7/31/04 12:01 pm - Fremont, CA
Hi July Post Ops! I am trying to put together a "must have" shopping list for my return home from the hospital. I go in on AUG 10th and want to be prepared! We are on a military budget, so any suggestions regarding Protien Supplements and Stage II items would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance! Jenn
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/31/04 12:05 pm - MD
i use ARIA PROTEIN Powder Chocolate flavor from walmart its 8.00 and last 2-3weeks....its good too...i do 1cup 1% milk 1cup ice and 2scoops powder in blender ad 2 lil packets of splenda and theres my protein drink including the milk it is 23 grams of protein... its good to get things to make tuna and chicken salad and they last a while ...ff sf pudding and jello.... soups and things like that
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/04 12:45 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
The only thing that you REALLY need to have when you get home is something to take the edge off of water, like Crystal Light. For some reason, water does NOT sit well right away. Don't buy a whole lot of SF jello or pudding, because chances are, you won't eat it anyway. You can buy a couple of cans of broth and cream soups, but don't go overboard. SF popsicles are great, and I wished I had had an ice shaver as well. As for protein shakes...well, when you find one that doesn't taste like a protein shake, let me know. I personally have turned to pre-bottled Isopure which is expensive (but 40g or protein). The first two weeks or so, you won't really want to eat anyway. After that, you'll WANT to go shopping, so I would hold off on buying things that you will be eating after two weeks out.
Sandra P.
on 8/1/04 1:10 am - Bossier City, LA
Hi Jenn, My husband Rene had the open RNY on July 27th. He was released from the hospital on the 30th. He has done just great. He has not had one bit of trouble taking his water or juices. He was put on a clear liquid diet for the first two weeks. He is having 1 oz every 30 minutes. The doctor said that if he could tolerate more that would be ok. He is having water, diluted cranberry and grape juices, regular orange and apple juice, diluted gatorade, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free jello and broth. He is being a real trooper and not giving me any trouble. We have not started the protein yet, because we were released from the hospital on Friday night and I had failed to go the the nutrition center here and get him some. We decided to wait until Monday to go get him some. I wish you all the best. Sandra Pena
Jenn D.
on 8/1/04 4:47 am - Fremont, CA
Thanks so much for your suggestions... a BIG help!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views