Home from Hosp./Not a "loser" yet/Rescheduled

Lisa B.
on 7/31/04 6:48 am - Los Angeles, CA
I was ready to go...feeling fine in pre-op...moved to OR...15 minutes into the lap RNY surgery I guess I lost oxygen and was turning blue. Surgeons aborted the surgery and got me to recovery. Came home yesterday and I'm rescheduled for next Friday, Aug. 6th. Ran an EKG, leg ultrasounds, CAT scan and no indication of any clots, embellisms, etc. They think it was some sort of lung/bronchill spasm. I have one incision with staples. Staying on a full liquid diet and getting plenty of rest. Some friends say it's a "sign" that I shouldn't continue, but I trust my surgeon and really want this WLS. I've been waiting too long! Anyone else experience this? Did you notify your health insurance? What do about disability? Lots of questions!! Lisa ...orig. 7/29, now 8/6....275/
malindagutierrez
on 7/31/04 7:42 am - Union Mills, NC
I am so sorry about your experience, keep the faith-do what they say, and all will go well for next Friday. Wishing you the best , I know you are down, but keep your chin up!!!!!! See you on the other side soon Malinda
IrishIze
on 7/31/04 10:19 am - NJ
Lisa, I'm so sorry you had this setback! I'm sure you're disappointed, but you will have your surgery and it will go fine. You trust your surgeon and you have made an informed decision about this surgery, don't let anyone get you down. Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views