Checking in... first chance at computer time

Heather M.
on 7/31/04 12:39 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Well, I've been home for just over a week now. I had my surgery on the 19th and all went well. Recovery went great too. We have been running around this past week like chicken with our heads cuts off. I'm still on a "full liquid" diet with some extras, mashed potatoes, grits, etc. I've also had some popcorn when we went to the movies the other night. Maybe about a 1/2 cup that I just let melt in my mouth. It was so good. I'm down about 18lbs and some of my steri-strips are starting to come off my stomache. The incision looks really good and he (my doctor) only made it about 5 inches long. I took some pictures of but not sure how to add it to my journal in the text part. Well, I still need to jump over and post on my journal but wanted to hop on here and say hi to all of you. I'm so glad everyone is doing so well. Heather
IrishIze
on 7/31/04 12:55 am - NJ
Heather - it's so good to hear from you!! I was wondering how you made out. I'm glad all is going well - please keep in touch! Hugs, Nancy
malindagutierrez
on 7/31/04 7:52 am - Union Mills, NC
Glad to hear all is well, when you said incision-does that mean you had open? Your doctor is allowing you to eat popcorn? What else are you eating/drinking to get in your protein? Hoping to get some ideas from others. Malinda (Lap 7/12)
Heather M.
on 8/1/04 3:05 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Yes I had mine open. Also, I never said the doctor said I could have popcorn . I'm still figuring out how to get my protein in. Starting tomorrow I'm really going to have to focus on it since my two weeks will be up. I've tried to stomache a few of the protein drinks but can't stand them so thick, it's even making me hate chocolate cause they are so nasty. This morning for breakfast I had a thing of Gerber (baby food) Pears and mixed in about a 1/2 of pkg of unjury unflavored protein powder. I'm now going to go and choke down the other half of the pkg. I will try and get the majority of my protein via food. The nutritionist said that would be better anyhow. I also think today I might get some of the liquid protein from GNC and try it. At least if I don't like it I can take it back. Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views