Drain Site

AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/31/04 12:36 am - Oxnard, CA
HI all!! Had my drain and staples taken out last Thursday, is that the nastiest looking hole or what??? Looks awful.... What does everyone else's look like and feel like?? Mine is pinkish and tender and stings when I pull the gauze off of it. But the color that drains is the normal color it was when I still had the drain. Just wondered what everyone else was experiencing. TTFN Michelle
Bobbie A.
on 7/31/04 12:51 am - parkville, MD
I refuse to look at mine. My friend changed the dressing and i didnt feel anything. She said it was dry and that it looked like a pinhole. Bobbie
IrishIze
on 7/31/04 12:53 am - NJ
My doc took the drain out in the hospital. It now looks like a little scabbed over hole, slightly pink around the edges. I don't keep it covered since I never had any drainage after I left the hospital. Hugs, Nancy
Sarah M S.
on 7/31/04 12:59 am - Bay Shore, NY
HI Michelle, my drain site does not look like that. You may want to double check with your Dr. I did have my surgery Laposcopy (I forgot to check what you were) but it is a tiny line that looks like my other four with the exception of a backwards c shaped line a little bit white colored that overlaps the straight line. It's dry. It does not leak anything. I don't think it's tender. Hope this helps, let me know what the Dr. says. Sarah (11 Days post op)
Debra O.
on 7/31/04 1:49 am - Chino, CA
I never had a drain, and Im all healed up just wonderfully, I'm just wondering why they need to put a drain in, in the first place? It sounds nasty.
Heather M.
on 7/31/04 3:14 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
My drain was taken out right before I left the hospital. Nothing has come out of it since they pulled it. It closed up and scabbed over fairly quick. The scab was sorta eye shaped. Yesterday while I was scratching around my long incision I accidentaly scratch off the scab from the drain hole. I was kinda scared but it's fine. It was a little tender yesterday but today it looks okay and even smaller. I lucked out and my Dr. didn't staple me instead he used dissolving stiches on the inside and steri-strips on the surface. A few have come off due to serum drainage in this one spot but the incision looks great. Heather
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/04 4:10 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My drain leaked after the first couple of days. It should heal from the inside out, until you have a scab. Once it crusts over, the edges start to heal, pulling the rest of it together. I still have a bit of scab left, but not much. The only part of the drain and incision that hurt me was the tape my husband used to tape down my gauze. He just about ripped all of my skin off in that area!
sammyglo
on 7/31/04 3:08 pm - Hobart, IN
hi, i had two drains. they took the left one out when i left the hopital. it was fine. i have had no problems with that one. it is healing nicely, but it still looks like a small hole in my stomach. the nurse took out the right one on thursday (two days ago). it hurt sooooooooo bad. it was burning like she was pulling boiling water out of me or on me. it was really really bad. that spot is soar and ugly. it is more open than the other side. it caused me a lot of pain when it was in also. good luck with all your recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views