stomache grumbling

Bobbie A.
on 7/30/04 11:45 pm - parkville, MD
Its 5 days post op and my stomache still grumbles and hurts!!! When does the grumbling stop?? Bobbie
IrishIze
on 7/31/04 12:14 am - NJ
The only time my stomach grumbles is when I eat a SF Popsicle. I don't know why, but every single time... I'm sure it's just getting used to all of the new 're-wiring'. Hugs, Nancy
Rebecca T.
on 7/31/04 12:31 am - Central, NY
My stomach grumbled badly for the first week because of all the gas from surgery. It still grumbles now, but the gas-x is helping get rid of the pain from the gas. They say the gas can last 3-6 weeks.
Bobbie A.
on 7/31/04 12:45 am - parkville, MD
Wooo!! I TAKE MAALOXMAX BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO HELP. i GUESS ILL TRY GAS-X. tHIS DRIVEING ME CRAZY, iT HURTS YA KNOW? 3-6 WEEKS IS A LONG TIME. bUT IM JUST HOPEING IT WILL GO AWAY AND NOT BE A PERMANENT PARAT OF MY LIFE. bOBBIE
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/04 4:21 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
You've got to get moving! The more you walk, the more the gas is forced out at both ends (so said my nurses).
Natalie M.
on 7/31/04 7:57 am - Baltimore, MD
I had my surgery last Friday and came home Monday. I learned fast that I am lactose intolerant and regretted having 4oz of carnation sf instant breakfast with 1% milk. before I went to bed Tuesday night. I couldn't sleep all night and my stomach bothered me for hours after I woke the next morning. I went grocery shopping with my mom and I pished the cart, the walking helped a lot. My stomach still does some grumbling, sometimes before I even get the first sip/bite swallowed! It has decreased a lot over the week. Natalie
Angela H.
on 7/31/04 10:42 am - Marysville, OH
I'm 20 days post op and still have grumbles, but I have noticed that it is when I eat or drink too fast! I seem to take in a lot of air no matter how little I sip or eat. I had lots of air right after surgery too for about a week. Once I started a good walking regimine it started to ease off and not be so painful. So drink/eat slow and walk walk walk!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views