2 weeks post op - my update!

Amy H.
on 7/29/04 8:28 pm - Madison, WI
Hi folks! Sorry I haven't updated til now... things have been just crazy I had surgery on 7/14 and was released from the hospital the next morning. I felt pretty good overall, the regular gas pains that everyone complains about, but aside from that things were great. I went back to work a week later and really feel like I haven't had any surgery! I had my 2 week followup appointment yesterday and I get my first band adjustment in 2 weeks! My dr. was also happy with how my incisions look - I only have one that's possibly getting infected so I've stepped up the "first aid" on that one. I've been really concious of my water intake lately and tomorrow I will start logging my protein intake to make sure I'm hitting what my dietician recommends (60g/day). I have used fitday.com off an on for logging and just need to get better about it. Most of my weight loss right now is pre-op... at 33 lbs. I lost 10 lbs in the first week post op and have stayed the same since 7/21. I guess it's good to not gain The band adjustment should take care of the stalling and I am going to increase my walking ~ my husband bought me an iPOD for my birthday present (it's a few weeks late but he wanted to see what I would need more... clothes or an mp3 player) So, I guess that's it for an update. I love my banded life... I'm on pureed foods right now and looking forward to soft/mushies. Amy 346/303/???
NadineM
on 7/31/04 3:14 am - Vancouver, WA
CONGRATS AMY, Sounds like your doing quite well. I am 5 days after you and am doing well too (LAP-RNY) best of luck and keep up the good work......water, water, water, excersize, excersize.....protien, protien....etc.....LOL Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views