I scream for ice cream!!

T R.
on 7/29/04 11:43 am
I am three weeks post-op and wondering if anyone has tried to eat no sugar added low fat ice cream yet?? I want some ice cream so bad. LOL I just wondered if anyone knew if it makes you sick or dump or anything. Thanks, Tami
Marcy B.
on 7/29/04 2:09 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Tammi I have been able to have low fat/sf creamsicles- if there is a dairy queen near you they sell them individually or in boxes of 6. They are yummy and only 50 calories. Or you can try popsicle brand fat free sugar free creamsicles- that should satisfy your craving, I would think. Good luck Marcy
IrishIze
on 7/29/04 11:27 pm - NJ
I think there was someone on here who said they were eating Breyer's SF ice cream. When in doubt, check with your doc.... Hugs, Nancy
JackieF
on 7/30/04 7:30 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Tami, I had my surgery on July 8th and I was given SF ice cream in the hospital as part of my lunch tray. I ate it and I did fine. I have had the Breyers SF ice cream since I have been home and I have also been ok. If you want to check with your doctor it's up to you. You just have to be careful of the sweetners in the product. Jackie
insureone
on 7/30/04 11:26 pm - Marion, AL
Tami, i've tried Breyers No Sugar Added and Blue Bunny Sugar Free ice cream and both are great.
Heather M.
on 7/31/04 3:23 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
I got a cup of regular vanilla ice cream in the hospital and did just fine with it. I've had a few bites of a McD's chocolate milk shake. Every doctor is different on their instructions. These first two weeks I am just suppose to try and get stuff in. Starting monday then I need to focus on protein and a schedule. I've had a bite here and their of regular ice cream with no bad effect. I've been very active too and walking alot. I'm down 18lbs so I can't complain. Nothing I've had has made me dump. Not sure if that will change in the future since I only take in a ounce or two at a time right now. I was thinking maybe it was the amount of something you had a one time that made you dump and when it's just drizzling in you don't dump. Who knows I'm new at this. Heather
malindagutierrez
on 7/31/04 8:32 am - Union Mills, NC
Yes, I am doing blue bunny sugar free and breyers sugar free and I eat about one fourth to halp cup. Very small bites and wait til it melts some. You should not have any problems so long as it is sugar free (Don't do the sugar stuff they say if your body handles it you may have a problem in the future with your weight coming back after loosing! Good luck with the sugar-free and enjoy. Malinda (Lap 7/12)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views