i'm hungry too!

insureone
on 7/29/04 9:38 am - Marion, AL
What's up with this? My surgery was on the 19th, came home on the 22nd and feeling hungry before leaving the hospital. I'm really concerned that I can already eat a bowl of KFC's mashed potatoes or Taco Bell's pintos and cheese. I saw my doctor this morning for my post-op visit, he didn't really seem like I should worry about it. By the way, i'm down 13 lbs. But I am concerned, if I am hungry now, will it change?
IrishIze
on 7/29/04 11:28 am - NJ
All I can say is that being on clear liquids for two weeks, I'm ready to go to KFC and order a bucket of chicken with all the fixins and bust my pouchie wide open!! Seriously, I don't really know how much your surgeon told you to eat. When I start pureed foods on Monday, I can only have 2 Tablespoons per meal. If your doctor isn't concerned, maybe it's ok. Hugs, Nancy
TweedyBird
on 7/29/04 1:09 pm - Somewhere, AR
Sherry I would not really worry about it. I can eat as much as you. Somewhere between 6-8 ozs. I actually poured that pintos and cheese from taco bell into a measuring cup, it is not even more than 4ozs. I am two weeks out, I have lossed 19lbs. I have been keeping a food journal, I continue to do between 400-500 cal., and to get 60 g of protein in. And we all should be shooting for at least 60 grams of protein. I like this, I do not have to do those damn protein shakes to make up for what I cannot eat in protein. And I am not tired and feel good. And do not have to worry about me loosing muscle since I can get all 60 grams of my protein in. Tonia
grannynhorses
on 7/31/04 12:34 am - Somerset, CA
Hi Tonia - it sounds like you're doing great! How are you getting your protien in without the shakes? What are you eating/drinking? Whatever you're doing, I want to do it too! Thanks!
TweedyBird
on 7/31/04 10:43 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Jill, Here is a sample of my diet Breakfast: 4ozs of eggs ( I eat egg scramblers) 12grams of protein 2 oz of cottage cheese mixed with the eggs to make fluffy 6.5 grams of protein 1 Slice of cheese fat free cheese 4 grams of protein Total:22.5 Protein Wait 1 hour sip 20 oz of liquid Lunch: Tuna Salad 4ozs of tuna 26 grams of protein mixed with cottage cheese, blended in food processor 2oz of cottage cheese 6.5 I also add a little fat free mayo to make sure it is creamy enough. You cannot taste the cottage cheese at all. It is as if it is just a filler. Total: 32.5 grams of Protein Wait 1 hour sip 20 ozs of liquid (usually crystal light) Dinner: Crab Omelet Crab 3ozs 8 grams of protein Egg 4 ozs 12grams of protein 1 Slice of cheese 4 grams Total Protein: 24 Total Protein intake for the whole day: 79 grams Again, you have to remember I can eat between 6 and 8 ozs of food. The more solid the food the less. I have graduated up to making Quiche too. I make it with egg, spinach, mushrooms, onions, cheese, cottage cheese, and crab meat. I put all of the veggies in my food processor to make sure they were very fine. I eat 1/8 of a slice, whiched equaled 3ozs. 20 grams of protein. Made a cheese sause (fat free cheese, skim milk and poured over the top) 6tsp=1oz (4 grams of protein). Also the cheese sause made it creamy going down. I seasoned it too. It was great, soft, very little fat, and 24 ozs of protein. I maxed out on carbs with the pie crust...but dang it was good. And I looked forward to my meal! Wait hour sip on 10 ozs of water and 10 ozs of V-8 ( I love V-8, it also keeps my stoole soft..I get it with calcium. I also crush up a calcium citrate and add to it. Oh and each meal I take my vitamins. I am doing those vista vitamins (5 chewables a day) I do two with Breakfast and Lunch and one with dinner. I do the additional calcium pill at night in the v-8. The first day of my soft diet I did eggs plain no seasoning nothing. I thought god, I gotta have my meals tasting good. So I have gotten creative. I hope this helps! I like this, my diet looks more like a normal person, just very small portions, very conscience of fat and carbs too and it taste good. My husband and son ate exactly what I ate...and liked it. I also do beans. Loaded with carbs (but not simple carbs) but it has kept me regular. I do them every third day. I probably gave you way too much information. Sorry for such a long post. Tonia
Belle
on 7/31/04 11:59 am - Paragould, AR
Hi Tonia, I loved you're post! I wish that I could be as creative as what you are when it comes to making me somthing to eat. I get board with the same old thing every day. I don't have enough variety in my meals and I think that is why I stay sick because I don't eat like I should. Thanks again for you're post. I plan on copying and pasting it into a word file with the other great things I have found on here. Belinda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views