finally posting after surgery

Gale P.
on 7/29/04 2:01 am - Salisbury, MD
hi....i'm finally able to post after my surgery, which was July 19, 2004. i had some complications that kept me in the hospital longer than expected. i had some breathing problems in recovery so i didn't get to a room till 8 that night. things were going pretty well for the first few days then i started having bad pains and my incision was oozing. i had a jb drain, but i was still having alot of oozing from 4 different places in the incision itself. i also started running a fever. this was all on thurs. so the doc. decided to keep me a little longer and he took me off liquids again. all blood work was fine so he's not really sure what happened. i am still having some drainage issues, but he isn't concerned and i think the pain i have is mostly gas and back pain from not being able to get comfortable. i was able to come home this tues the 27th and can't seem to find a comfortable spot or position. i cannot wait to be able to sleep in my bed but right now its just not happening. i'm still having some trouble getting in enough liquid. i think i'm afraid to drink too much too fast. i'm only getting in 1 protein shake a day and i should be doing 2 so today i'm going to see if i can get in at least 1/2 more than what i have so far. i'm still very tired and get winded easily. hope everyone else who had surgery on the 19th is doing well. gale
IrishIze
on 7/29/04 2:09 am - NJ
Gale, I'm sorry you're having problems. I had some too, but they seem to have resolved themselves, although I am still taking some heart meds. Do the best you can to get your liquids in, and try and move around as much as you can. I know you probably don't feel like it, but it will help in the long run. Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views