FLUIDS!!!

jennifer S.
on 7/28/04 11:57 am - wellsville, oh
Is anyone else having trouble getting there fluids in?
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:19 pm - Central, NY
I am sitting here trying to get some water in. I had my surgery the same day as you, and it seems I can never get all the water I need. I am worried about my kidneys!!!! I find that I am not sleeping so well these days, so I am drinking a lot of water at night - but never the 64+ ounces I'm supposed to get in....
IrishIze
on 7/28/04 1:14 pm - NJ
I'm getting in about 40 oz per day. My doc doesn't want me to drink more than 4 oz per hour, so I really can't do more than that. I just can't wait until Monday when I get off this awful clear liquid diet...enough is enough. nancy
Rhonda H.
on 7/29/04 12:07 am - Steubenville, OH
i think everyone has a problem with fluids.im almost 2 months post-op and still have a hard time getting in 64 oz's sometimes i forget to wait a half an hour to eat after i drink water or whatever an i get so sick it kinda feels like your having a heart attack or something and it ast for like 20 minutes to a half hour.it gets better as you go good luck Rhonda
Deejay
on 7/29/04 12:21 am - Sparks, NV
I'm averaging in the 50oz range but getting better each day. My problem is the not drinking within a half hour of eating thing, if I know I will eat soon I won't drink so it limits my drinking. I just have to get on a good schedule and it shouldn't be a problem.
IrishIze
on 7/29/04 12:48 am - NJ
I'm averaging about 40 oz. per day. I'm still on clear liquids, and my surgeon doesn't allow more than 4 oz. per hour, so it's kind of a struggle. Hugs, Nancy
Tracy P.
on 7/29/04 3:35 am - Bronx, NY
This is so hard, I could have never imagined. I used to drink tons of water a day, now its so hard to get in 45oz. My Mum who also had the surgery had the same problem. But my solution is I've been sipping all day, and I use 1 pin****er bottles so I can measure. Sometimes I feel weak, I hope its not from be dehydrated.
T R.
on 7/29/04 7:46 am
We are all in the same boat!! I have trouble getting my water in too. But, here is an idea. Go to walmart and buy one of those ice shavers. It seems to go down better than water. It's painful for me to drink water, it feels like (pre-op) when you wake up in the morning and gulp down water on an empty stomach. It actually kinda hurts, is anyone else feeling this way? Anyway, my doctor said that the protein drinks and popsicles count toward my total. He also said I was doing great. So I guess we are all just worried. Always listen to your doc, you chose him/her for a reason. Good luck to you all, we are going to get through this.... together! Take care, Tami
Tracy P.
on 7/29/04 11:16 am - Bronx, NY
great idea with the ice savers, I have to try that. I hear you on the pain when drinking. I was wondering if they considered the Protien shakes and other liquids like tea and Crystal Light toward the total. Cool thanks no worries now!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views