Home and doing great!

Julie R.
on 7/28/04 7:45 am - Grafton, Ia
Today is one week since surgery. The first couple of days were kind of rough, since I didn't handle the morphine in the PAC very well. But on Friday I was able to move around by myself, with some pain and stiff muscles, but by myself in my room. It felt great. I thought that having an open Rny was going to be much more painful, glad that it is workable. Came home on Sat. and grateful to be in my own bed. The three hour car ride went well although I was very tired. I am very thankful that my family and husband have been so helpful. My folks took my four kids (ages 9, 8, 4, 2), from Thursday pm. till Sunday Pm. That was a great relief and they had a blast. I am not finding food unappealing, just low appetite. Would've never thought 2 oz. would be filling. Thankfully, my doc. said soft food diet since in hospital. Although having trouble getting in enough liquids, but the protien powder that I bought from the local gym isn't too bad and with 2 scoops, skim milk, little Splenda, = 56gms protien. Each day is a little better, but can't wait to get rid of the staples. That's all for now will update profile soon.
Rhonda H.
on 7/28/04 11:58 pm - Steubenville, OH
hello julie, glad to hear your doing well.i didnt have the morphine drip.i had a central line with pain meds about every 4 hours.i too thought open surgery was going to be bad but not as bad as i thought.i was up walking the halls of the hospital a few hours after surgery and going to the bathroom on my own the next day.i'm never hungry but can eat just about anything.i cant do pasta,i can eat bread without crust,and never i say never, try fat free hotdogs at no time!lol thought i was gonna die! well good luck and God bless Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views