14 days post-op/feeling weak

bugsmom
on 7/28/04 5:47 am - In Mom's House, CA
Anyone else feeling like you have low blood sugar or something? I just feel weak most of the time, listless, tired. I'm drinking my protein shakes and eating my 2 ounces of protein every couple of hours. I'm drinking water and 100% fruit juice. I just have no energy. Any suggestions? I'm too exhausted to think about doing any actual exercise, but I am walking. I had a lap rny on 7/14 and have had no complications except this state of complete and utter exhaustion. I went back to work yesterday and this feeling is making it hard to be productive. Merritt
kristy D.
on 7/28/04 9:55 am - Farmers, CA
I had my surgery the same day as you and i'm feeling really tired myself. I have been on liquids for two weeks and today i started pureed foods so i'm hoping that will help. The first week I was full of energy. I hope some other people will post to this so I could have some suggestions of what to do!!!!!!!
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:21 pm - Central, NY
I heard that we get 'hibernation syndrome' a few weeks after surgery because our body finally figures out we're starving. They say that exercise can make it go away. On an aside, I started taking B-12 sublingually, and they make me WIRED. Perhaps taking some of that would boost your energy? I hope you feel better soon - I have a few days before it will be my turn to hibernate....
IrishIze
on 7/28/04 11:11 pm - NJ
I'm feeling extremely weak. I have been out of surger 10 days and I'm still on a clear liquid diet. I feel like I am trying to recuperate and I am just losing strength instead of gaining it. Even if I could have a little cottage cheese or an egg, I think it would do wonders. Oh well, gotta follow the docs orders I guess..... Nancy
Rhonda H.
on 7/29/04 12:13 am - Steubenville, OH
i was the same way.all i wanted to do was sleep.now im feeling alot more energy.im almost 2 months post-op sometimes i get so wired and just dont know what to do with myself! i hope you feel better soon and keep your head! Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views