Surgery Completed and Home now

Michelle C.
on 7/28/04 5:20 am - Fountain, CO
Hi everyone, I had surgery on 7/22 and I'm just now up to really posting. Surgery went fine with no complications allthough the first day was pretty rough pain wise. Hubby said I was so pale my lips were white. And my doc is one on those that wont let you even suck on ice chips until the second day. But I'm home now and doing well although I'm definitely not getting in enough protein. I bought Unjury unflavored pre op and now I just cant gag the stuff down. Going to go to vitalady.com and order a bunch of sample packets as soon as next pay day rolls arouns. BTW, what they say about your tastes changing is sooooo true!!! Anything sweet (even SF flavored water!!) tastes vomitous to me right now. So basicaly everything I bought pre op I now think is gross. Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I made it Michelle
IrishIze
on 7/28/04 6:38 am - NJ
Hi Michelle, glad you're home and doing well!! I know what you mean about your taste changing. I got some Isopure 0 Carb protein powder and luckily, I can get it down. I'm still on clear liquids (I've got one of those doc's too!) and can only mix my protein powder with skim milk. I'm drinking Fruit Refreshers lemonade and strawberry kiwi, and they are helping me get through the clear liquid stage. Hang in there and hope things continue to go well! Hugs, Nancy
blister
on 7/29/04 3:26 am - Charlotte, NC
I am using the UNJURY chocolate and vanilla to make my shake and it is fine. I mix 1 scoop of each flavor with 12 oz milk and then portion the shake into 2oz cups. I drink 1 cup every 2 hours. Try the fruit 2o it is pretty good and not sweet at all. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views