Anyone else feeling pain in abdomen ?

siennagodiva
on 7/28/04 4:26 am - BALTIMORE, MD
I had surgery on the 13th. Everything has been fine so far, except now I am feeling a tearing felling in my tummy. I don't know if it is muscle or a staple but its a burning an tearing when I get into certain positions. My surgery was lap, but the pain is not near any of my little holes. It feels like a muscle tearing or something...anyone have any ideas...I see my Dr today for my follow up. I am ready to go back to work and I don't want anything to stop that.
cosette
on 7/28/04 4:47 am - Tujunga, CA
I was gonna say, "Call your surgeon." I'm glad you are seeing him/her today. Let us know what it is. And I'll be sending good thoughts your way!
IrishIze
on 7/28/04 6:42 am - NJ
Michelle, I'm glad you're seeing your doctor. Please check back and let us know how you make out. Hope all is soon well, Nancy
laura L.
on 7/28/04 11:47 pm - Longview, TX
I hope everything is OK. Do you think it could be a weird gas pocket? Please let us know. Did you have ant other symptom besides the buring and tearing?
Gina F
on 7/29/04 1:13 am - Belton, TX
Definitely check with your doc, but don't freak out. I've had that burning from the 3rd day out. My doc says it was muscles healing and such. He told me I could have children's motrin to help with the pain. Works like a charm! Hugz, Gina
siennagodiva
on 7/29/04 10:48 am - BALTIMORE, MD
Well, my doctor said it is normal to feel the "left-side-pain" as he calls it. He said the same thing about muscles healing and such. He said it will go away. Thanks for sharing.. -Michelle F
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views