Headache - Headache - Headache

Ella V.
on 7/28/04 2:39 am - Tallman, ny
Hi, I had my surgery on July 22nd - I am home recuperating. I have a headache that I cannot get rid of. I am naseaus at times - but not that much. Also, I am having a hard time moving around -the incision hurts and I cannot position myself very well. Is there any one else that experienced this and can let me know how much longer or what I can do to help get rid of this? Thanks
Julie R.
on 7/28/04 7:54 am - Grafton, Ia
Sorry to hear that you are having troubles. My surgery was on the 21st, and had trouble with headaches in the hospital, but mine were sinus so when I came home I took a Sudafed. As far as the incision I found that if I held a pillow over my incision when trying to move around that it helped support the incision and decrease pain. May be this will help you. Today is one week post op. and I am moving around quite a bit and doing little things around the house. But making sure to sit so not to get too tired. Hopefully, you will feel better soon.
Rebecca T.
on 7/29/04 12:56 am - Central, NY
I can't say that I have experienced this, but I have heard that all of the medication and the effects of anesthesia can last about a week (except for the depression, which can last longer). Can you take anything for your headache? I know tylenol doesn't always cut it for me, but Sudafed does wonders. Don't know why, since not all of my headaches are sinus related. Put a cold cloth on your forehead and the back of your neck, cover up to get your body warm, and that should help the blood circulate more to your extremities and reduce the pressure in your head. Drink lots of fluids, too. Dehydration can cause headaches to be worse. I do hope you feel better ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views