9day post-op lft side PAIN NORMAL????

NadineM
on 7/28/04 1:21 am - Vancouver, WA
How long does this last???? My left side incision where they did most of the work under breast bone is still very sore. I went 1 week out to have the Dr.'s asst. look at it and she said it looked fine and that this was part of the healing phase. (I didn't notice the lump them) But here is what mine feels like: PAIN under left breastbone, pulsating and also sore to the touch. Under incision I feel a lump (what's that about?) This is the larger of all incisions, but the others have no hardness under them. Also, I still can't sleep laying down because stomach muscles BURN when I get up the wrong way, I can't bend down to pick anything up without spasming. I know we all heal different but did anyone else have for this long? I would like to start driving and go back to work next week, but I can't get off the pain pills if this is still hurting...thanks! Otherwise, I feel great....never ONCE have I threw up and all liquids and pureed foods are going down fine. Nadine :
Dawn is D.
on 7/28/04 1:28 am - Dayton, NJ
Nadine- Just my 2 cents, but I think you should have it checked out. If it is pulsating and sore to the touch it might be a SLIGHT infection. Go to the dr's and if they say it is nothing then at least your mind will be clear. Is there any discharge?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views