Trapped Gas.....

Marcy B.
on 7/27/04 11:39 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
I am a week post op after a lap/ Roux N Y- and i still have that horrible rumbling of gas running through my body. It seems to have settled between under my ribcage and up through my shoulder blade. Anybody have anything similar? I thought it would have been over with by now- but I guess not. Not sure if it has anything to do with how I am eating. I am on liquids now- and tolerating them all very well. averaging 4 oz per serving- and getting about 35-40oz of fluids in per day. I've been doing really well except for this stuff since I got home. Today I feel very draggy.... Oh well, guess it will have to be one of those lazy summer days for me. Marcy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/28/04 12:40 am - Oxnard, CA
Marcy: I'm 9 days post op and I had trapped gas yesterday in my chest. Was awful. I reclined in my chair and forced myself to belch, after severl belches, I felt this weird sensation of the gas moving and it left after about 30 mins. Dont know if this will work for you, but I'd call the doctor and see if they have any suggestions. Michelle
IrishIze
on 7/28/04 3:21 am - NJ
When I feel it in my chest or shoulder, I pat myself like I'm burping a baby! Ask your doc about Phayzime or Gas X - many will allow it and I hear it really helps. nancy
Dj _.
on 7/28/04 5:15 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Walk as often as you can Marcy...it really helped me!
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:26 pm - Central, NY
I had my surgery 10 days ago. I still have gas, and was told that it can last 3-6 weeks. I take gas-x regularly, and find that walking helps move the gas. Actually, it's really the only thing that moves the gas. So, I walk around A LOT! When I don't walk, it just gets worse. Hope you feel better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views