attitude problem anyone?

Sharon M G.
on 7/27/04 11:18 am - Radcliff, Ky
Hi, I'm having my WLS on Friday. I'm really not a nice person to be around the last couple of days. I'm irritable and snappish. This isn't my normal personality. Anyone else go through this? Just had my last supper-- pizza with pineapple, ham and extra cheese. Tomorrow I start liquids. I'm really excited (and irritated)!--Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/04 11:55 am - Somewhere Else
OMG Sharon, you're normal Don't worry, you're going through alot emotionally...if you're not acting yourself, it's understandable. I was not worried or stressed before my surgery..instead I went into a depression. I had a feeling of impending doom. I tried so hard not to let it show..but sometimes you just can't help it. You sound like you're stressed...and worried...we can all understand that, everyone should understand that, you're going through a life-altering procedure on Friday. But you know what, you're going to be perfectly fine and you're going to be so happy to have gone through this. Ok, it's surgery, so it's not easy, for some it's painfull and difficult..but it's still worth it! That pizza sounds good...maybe this weekend hehehehe... Take care...and try not to worry too much We'll be waiting patiently for your post-op update!!!! Linda
Paige F.
on 7/27/04 2:01 pm - Lakewood Ranch, FL
I understand completely. I spent 8 weeks in prep for my surgery... required therapy, insurance, practice diet, etc. Then suddenly within 2 days everything came together and my surgery was scheduled for that week. I think I cried everyday. Very unusual for me. Finally, my husband asked if I should postpone it if I was this upset. It is a big thing you are doing, I don't blame you a bit that you are emotional! Good luck! Paige
Sharon M G.
on 7/28/04 8:56 am - Radcliff, Ky
Thanks everyone. Now I'm 2 days away from surgery and everyone is treating me very kindly--lol! Seriously, I'm a bit better today, more under control. Just hungry! Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Tina P.
on 7/28/04 12:48 pm - St. Petersburg, FL
Sharon: Nothing you feel right now is abnormal. If you feel cranky, let it out. If you need to cry, do it. This is your time! I had pizza as my last meal pre op also. And, I am a Valley Station girl myself, just up Dixie hwy from you is where I grew up! Blessings!! Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views