Ultra dry skin anyone?

Kelle W
on 7/27/04 3:18 am - Atlanta, GA
My surgery was on 7/6 and at this point I feel like an alligator. I've been putting lotion on and it's not helping a whole lot. That leads me to believe it because I'm not getting enough hydration on the inside. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks! Kelle
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/04 3:55 am - Somewhere Else
Definitely drink more water. Dry skin is a bad sign, and you need to increase your water intake. To help while you drink more, try cocoa butter, it's wonderful. My face was always somewhat dry, except for those oily spots (ugh combination skin)...since the surgery though, people have commented on how great my complexion has gotten...I say chalk it up to the water and the cocoa butter Good Luck... Linda
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/27/04 6:44 am - Oxnard, CA
I know this sounds corny, but this is what my pcp told me once. If you press your finger against your skin so that it turns white, if it goes back to the normal color as soon as you release your not dehydrated, however, if it takes awhile to return to normal, you probably are. Dont know if this helps, but I thought I would share it.
Dawn is D.
on 7/28/04 4:56 am - Dayton, NJ
I work in college athletics and our trainer told me that #1 sign of dehydration is the color of your urine. If it is dark in color you are not hydrated, if it is very light you are good to go! This helps me alot!
kellyh26
on 8/2/04 12:28 am - White Bluff, TN
Hi, Kelle my legs seem to be the worst for me with the dry skin but I know I'm not staying hydrated. I've been put back into the hospital twice because of it. I just can't do the water so I'm drinking the fire out of Crystal light lemonade, I really prefer the pre mix to the power I think I water mine down to much when I make it at home. I do hope your month has been much better than mine, this is my first day back to work and I'm feeling ok but I tell you it's been a trying time for me filled with lots of regrets. Everyone keeps saying it'll get better I sure hope their right. Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views