How much can you eat?

TweedyBird
on 7/27/04 10:59 am - Somewhere, AR
Ummmm, Nancy....chinese sounds sooooo good! I cannot wait until I am further out and can eat a little more liberal. And yes, I agree, we will find out one way or another in regards to the food amounts. Thanks again for your responses, Tweedy
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:33 pm - Central, NY
Whoa! You're still on clear liquids!? Aren't you staving? I'm on full liquids and want some real food so badly....we had surgery the same day.
Lisa H.
on 7/27/04 4:26 am - Lake City, FL
Tweedy, I know the feeling. I feel like I can eat too much too. I had surgery July 1st. I took my boys to Burger King yesterday and I had 3 chicken tenders. I was totally satisfied but then l l/2 hours later I had one more. We had dinner with one of my husbands friends last night and he said he would have never been able to eat that much this early out. So to say the least, I'm worried. Another thing is I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks. I've started logging into Fitday.com. By that, I have had most of my protein and between 600-1000 calories a day. I don't know what the problem is. If you figure it out, let me know.
TweedyBird
on 7/27/04 5:01 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Lisa, I will let you know anything that I find out. Right now, the only thing I can think is that each surgeon bypasses diff. amounts. I remember my surgeon saying that he does a mid cut, while other surgeon's may do a little more or a little less. I am guessing the more done...the less you can eat...and the less absorption and vise versa. I am going to run this by my surgeon and see what he says. Tonia
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/27/04 6:49 am - Oxnard, CA
Tonia: I'm still just a week and a day out, but this is so interesting. My doc does things totally different than any other doc it seems. I'm on clear liquids for a full three weeks, then when I can add things I can only have a 1/2 cup for each meal. And says to only add one food at a time to make sure I can tolerate it. Everyone else seems to eat much more liberally. Things that make ya go hmmmmm....... Michelle
TweedyBird
on 7/27/04 11:03 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Michelle, I have heard a lot of people say that they were on liquids only for about two-three weeks. Perhaps diff. in procedure or stomach size. I am glad my surgeon did 1 week of liquids then soft diet. I actually get hungery, so I do not know if I could have done liquids for three weeks! Please keep us posted on your progress. Tweedy
Julie R.
on 7/28/04 8:15 am - Grafton, Ia
I am one week out today and was just wondering about food amounts myself alittle. Although ususally 2 ozs. is enough I don't feel stuffed. Having a hard time to get in all my liquids. Does take me an hour to sip down my 12oz of protien drink in the morning. But today at lunch was able to eat 1/5 of hamb. pattie, 1-2 Tbs. mashed pot. and 5-6 green beans. But it is almost impossible to make little bits of food take 30 min. to eat, only could make it last 15 min and that was eating very, very slowly. I don't want to stretch my pouch, so trying to make sure about 2 oz. at a time. Has anyone found that foods they can eat now they can't eat later? Someone said that the pouch is kind of numb at first and becomes more sensitive later. Is this true? I haven't found anything yet that hasn't set well. But am eating mostly soft and SF foods though.
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:36 pm - Central, NY
I am amazed at how different each doc's diet is! Mine has me on full liquids for 2 weeks post op, then soft diet for 4 weeks, then regular diet at 6 weeks. I'm not allowed any meats until at least 6 weeks out, and he recommends to begin them at 8 weeks! To be able to have food so soon out would be a dream....I guess if I 'slip up' and eat something more substantial, it wouldn't be so terrible, huh? My doc did say that we would be able to eat about 8 ounces at a meal, three meals a day, once we got onto the regular food diet.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views